Ernst von Düring
His parents were the doctor Adolph Nikolaus von Düring (March 1, 1820 - December 6, 1882) and his second wife Melanie Sthamer (June 2, 1834 - August 28, 1892).
Ernst von Düring, from the noble family Düring , studied medicine at the University of Tübingen , the University of Leipzig , the University of Halle and the University of Erlangen . In 1881/82 he was an assistant in pathology and surgery (1882–1884) at the University Hospital Erlangen . There doctorate he in 1884 to Dr. med. He was a doctor in Konstanz and went to Paul Gerson Unna in Hamburg in 1887 . In 1889 he became professor of syphilidology at the Imperial Ottoman Medical School in Istanbul , which in 1898 when he left the Military Medical Academy Gülhane . In 1898 he was given the honorary title Pascha as thanks .
From 1902 to 1906 he was associate professor at the University of Kiel . Then he headed sanatoriums in Dresden and Baden-Baden . He held a teaching position for curative education at the Philosophical Faculty of the new University of Frankfurt .
He married Lilli von Hackmann in Leipzig on June 5, 1883 , and they divorced in 1891. The couple had one son: Woldemar (born February 5, 1884; † November 8, 1950) ⚭ 1914 (divorced 1916) Ingeborg Bergit Soot (born March 22, 1894)
On May 17, 1892, he married Johanne von Wedel in Constantinople (* July 21, 1860; † February 28, 1928).
- Dengue fever . Monthly for practical dermatology 10 (1890)
- Lichen, Lichen neuroticus and Pityriasis rubra pilaris . Monthly for practical dermatology 16 (1893)
- Leprosy and the question of its contagiousness after observations in Constantinople . Practical Dermatology Monthly
- Leprosy and syringomyelia . German Medical Weekly 1894.
- On some questions from the doctrine of the inheritance of syphilis . Monthly for practical dermatology 20 (1895)
- The difficulty in diagnosing nervous forms of leprosy, particularly in relation to syringomyelia . Archives for Dermatology and Syphidology 43 (1898)
- Contribution to the study of the polymorphic erythema . Archives for Dermatology and Syphidology (1896)
- Clinical lectures on syphilis . Hamburg and Leipzig 1895.
- The brothel question . Presentation, Leipzig 1905.
- Illness and cause of illness . Vogel 1909.
- Our fight against the regulation of prostitution . Lecture, Dresden 1912.
- Collected lectures . Tubingen 1912.
- with Erich Stern : Legal regulation. Practice of child care . Wroclaw 1927.
- with Erich Stern: The causes of the need for care . Wroclaw 1927.
- Recognition and educational treatment of psychological limit states in children and adolescents . Karlsruhe 1928.
- Sex education . Zurich 1930.
- Günter Schneider: The importance of Ernst v. Dürings for curative education. Doctor and educator in conversation . 1986.
- Manfred Berger: Ernst von Düring - his life and work . In: BHP-Info 16, 2001/2, pp. 10-14 ( digitized version )
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of noble houses 1901. Second year. P.268
- Julius Pagel : Düring, Ernst . In: Biographical lexicon of outstanding doctors of the nineteenth century. Urban & Schwarzenberg, Berlin / Vienna 1901, Sp. 423-424 .
- Dissertation: About appropriate treatment of pes varus congenitus .
- http://www.stammreihen.de/getperson.php?personID=I884205D&tree=tree1 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|SURNAME||Düring, Ernst von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Düring, Ernst Carl Eduard Camille von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German dermatologist, venereologist and curative educator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 6, 1858|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 23, 1944|
|Place of death||Heidelberg|