Garth Richardson is the son of the music producer Jack Richardson, who died in 2011 . At the age of 15, Garth began working in his father's studio in Toronto . He was involved in the recording of the 1976 album Night Moves by Bob Seger . In the 1980s he worked primarily as a sound engineer and mixer, including at Inside the Electric Circus by WASP (1986), Raise Your Fist and Yell by Alice Cooper (1987), In the Spirit of Things by Kansas (1988) and Mother's Milk from Red Hot Chili Peppers (1989). His break as an independent producer came in 1992 when he recorded the band's debut album Rage Against the Machine .
Together with Bob Ezrin and Kevin Williams, Richardson founded the Nimbus School of Recording Arts .
- 1992: Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
- 1994: Testament - Low (with Michael Wagener )
- 1994: L7 - Hungry For Stink
- 1994: The Melvins - Stoner Witch
- 1995: Ugly Kid Joe - Menace to Sobriety
- 1996: The Jesus Lizard - Shot
- 1997: Sick of It All - Built to Last
- 2000: Mudvayne - LD 50
- 2002: Chevelle - Wonder What's Next
- 2003: From Autumn to Ashes - The Fiction We Live
- 2004: Rise Against - Siren Song of the Counter Culture
- 2005: Still Remains - Of Love and Lunacy
- 2007: Biffy Clyro - Puzzle
- 2009: Skunk Anansie - Smashes & Trashes
- 2011: Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions
- 2013: Biffy Clyro - Opposites
- in the biography on nimbusrecording.com ( memento of the original dated August 7, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on June 14, 2011) it says: “He started his career at the age of 15, working after school at Nimbus 9, his father's Toronto Yorkville studio. His first big break came a year later with the opportunity to be second engineer on Bob Seger's legendary Night Moves "
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian music producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1960|