From Autumn to Ashes
|From Autumn to Ashes|
Francis Mark in December 2006
|origin||Long Island , United States|
|Genre (s)||Post-hardcore , metalcore|
|Benjamin Perri (2000-2006)|
|Scott Gross (2000-2004)|
|Josh Newton (2005-2007)|
|Jonathan Cox (2004-2005)|
From Autumn to Ashes , or FATA for short , is an American post-hardcore band from Long Island , New York . Two of the band's best-known singles are The After Dinner Payback and Autumns Monologue (with Melanie Wills from One True Thing).
The band founded in 2000 around Benjamin Perri, Francis Mark, Mike Pilato, Brian Deneeve and Scott Gross released the EP Sin, Sorrow And Sadness (Tribunal Record) with three songs and an instrumental piece in the same year . After various appearances in small clubs, she received a recording contract with the Ferret Records label , where she released her first album Too Bad You're Beautiful in 2001 , which was produced by Adam Dutkiewicz . It sold more than 100,000 pieces. Larger tours followed, including Thursday and Taking Back Sunday and as part of the Vans Warped Tour .
Another label change brought the band to Vagrant Records and the studio work led to the new work The Fiction We Live (2003), of which the first single The After Dinner Payback was also on the soundtrack by Freddy Vs. Jason can be heard.
At the end of 2004 Mike Pilato (bass, now with One True Thing) and Scott Gross (guitar) left the band. Gross switched to The Mirror. Jonathan Cox (guitar) and Josh Newton (bass) joined the band. The new quintet produced the third album Abandon Your Friends in 2005 together with Garth Richardson ( Red Hot Chili Peppers , Rage Against the Machine , Mudvayne ), which was followed by their first major European tour.
In 2005 Jonathan Cox left the band, in 2006 singer Benjamin Perri. Francis Mark, who was previously mainly responsible for the drums, then took over the entire vocals, including on the fourth studio album Holding a Wolf by the Ears from 2007, which was released on the Vagrant Records label. A little later, co-founder and bassist Mike Pilato rejoined the band, replacing Josh Newton, who had been with the band since 2005.
In 2008 the band announced that they saw their work at an end point and therefore would not continue - while explicitly avoiding the word "separation". It was the last album of the band Live At Looney Tunes, the live recording of a performance from January 8, 2008 for the benefit of a New York record store called Looney Tunes. It contains recordings from almost all of the band's creative phases.
Then the members played in other bands. Jeff Gretz played again with Zao, Francis Mark and Rob Lauritson released an album with their new band Warship , but then separated again. Francis Mark also sang with Tidal Arms, Brian Deneeve also had a new band called Summer Law.
- 2000: Sin, Sorrow and Sadness
- 2007: These Speakers Don't Always Tell the Truth (Limited Edition)
- 2008: Live at Looney Tunes
- 2001: Too Bad You're Beautiful
- 2003: The Fiction We Live
- 2005: Abandon Your Friends
- 2007: Holding a Wolf by the Ears
- 2005: The Bled and From Autumn to Ashes Vagrant Sampler
- The After Dinner Payback
- Autumns monologue
- No trivia
- 2002: Capeside Rock ( Warped Tour Compilation)
- 2003: Chloroform Perfume ( Punk Goes Acoustic )
- 2004: Territorial Pissings (Live) (Another Year on the Streets, Vol. 3)
- 2003: The After Dinner Payback (2:50) ( Freddy vs. Jason )
- 2005: Betwixt Her Getaway Sticks (3:10) ( Masters of Horror )
- 2005: Let's Have a War (2:48) ( Fear Cover, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland )
- 2008: On the Offensive (3:42) ( Saw IV )
- 2001: The Royal Crown Vs. Blue Duchess
- 2003: The After Dinner Payback
- 2003: Lilacs & Lolita
- 2003: Milligram Smile
- 2005: Where Do You Draw the Line
- 2007: Pioneers
- 2007: Deth Kult Social Club
- From Autumn to Ashes on Myspace
- From Autumn to Ashes at PureVolume
- From Autumn to Ashes at Discogs (English)
- From Autumn To Ashes Calls It Quits, June 9, 2008
- http://www.fromautumntoashes.org/fatahtml/live.html ( Memento from October 29, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- MARCH 6, 2008 ( Memento from December 15, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Paul Kantner Remembered by Former Jefferson Airplane Bandmate Marty Balin , Billboard, January 29, 2016