Goede Gendrich (born November 22, 1912 in Mirow ; † September 6, 2000 in Eschede ; actually Ludwig Dörbandt ) was a German forester and author. He became known as a hunting writer under the pseudonym Goede Gendrich . He was considered one of the greats of nature and hunting literature.
Live and act
Ludwig Dörbandt was born in Mirow in the Mecklenburg-Strelitz part of the country in 1912 , where his father worked as a state forester. He attended the Carolinum grammar school in Neustrelitz and then decided - against his father's will - to pursue a career as a forest clerk. Until he was hired as a forest intern and could begin his training, he worked temporarily as a forest worker . For almost two decades he also gained a wealth of experience as a hunter in the hunting grounds of Mecklenburg , a time that had a strong impact on him and was to occupy a large part of his later literary work. As a soldier in World War II , he was wounded several times. After the end of the war in 1945, Ludwig Dörbandt moved to Lower Saxony , where after a few eventful years he found a new home in the Lüneburg Heath . There he was given a forest ranger's office in what is now the Südheide Nature Park , which the forestry officer managed until his retirement.
As a writer he became known through his articles in the hunting press and published numerous hunting and homeland stories under the pseudonym Goede Gendrich , which reached a large audience and made him known nationwide. Overall, he has published well over 500 works on forest, hunting and historical topics, including more than a dozen books. Their first, Silver Gray Satan. The time with you, my Rauhbauz , appeared in 1961 and showed his deep connection with his dachshund Satan . Many of his books are strongly autobiographical and revolve around the Mecklenburg years, especially how we lived and so we hunted. Mecklenburg-Strelitz - a fascinating adventure (1987), With the eyes of a hunter. Experienced and Heard (1992) as well as his last work The world is grief for us and we are just a game. German Destiny 1923-1953 (1998).
As a poet , Goede Gendrich found new forms in hunting poetry that can be assigned to Expressionism . He published a selection, among others, in the volume A glow is on all things (1976). In addition, he wrote many a cheerful and lightweight book about hunting, but also about the serious location of hunting. Responsibility or pleasure in killing? (1990). A number of his works appeared in the historical-literary magazine Carolinum .
He has received several awards for his literary work, including the Fritz Reuter Medal and the DJV Prize for Public Relations. The Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Forest Association and the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania State Hunting Association each made him an honorary member.
Forestry Officer i. R. Ludwig Dörbandt died on September 6, 2000 at the age of 87 in his home town of Eschede.
In memory of the popular hunting writer, Carpin-Goldenbaum names the 700-year-old Goede-Gendrich oak after him. Dörbandt had lived in Goldenbaum from 1923 to 1927 as the forester's son.
- Silver gray Satan. The time with you, my Rauhbauz . Melsungen 1961; 3rd edition Melsungen 1984, ISBN 3-7888-0451-3
- Early stalking in the green forests of Mecklenburg . Melsungen 1964
- There is a glow on all things. Poems and thoughts of a forester . Darmstadt 1976, ISBN 3-87561-549-2
- As compiler and editor: This is the world that no one else is the same, this is Diana's wonderland. A collection of hunting sayings . Hamburg and Berlin 1977, ISBN 3-490-11411-6
- Diana might be angry. A critical book for guest hunters and hosts . Hanover 1980, ISBN 3-7842-0231-4
- Oh, those hunters. Cheery stories of hunters and maidens, of rascals and jokes . Hanover 1982, ISBN 3-7842-0259-4
- With a rifle, a dog and a good wind . Hanover 1983, ISBN 3-7842-0278-0
- It's not just the hunters who smile . Humor and Hunt, Hanover 1986; 2nd edition Hannover 1996, ISBN 3-7842-0333-7
- So lived and so we hunted. Mecklenburg-Strelitz - a fascinating adventure . Hanover 1987, ISBN 3-7842-0346-9
- To hunt. Responsibility or pleasure in killing? . Melsungen 1990, ISBN 3-7888-0620-6
- With the eyes of a hunter. Experienced and listened to . Hanover 1992, ISBN 3-7842-0483-X
- Forester's house and fisherman's cottage. From the Mecklenburg . Hanover 1995, ISBN 3-7842-0523-2
- We grieve the world and we're just a game. German fate 1923–1953 . Ticino 1998, ISBN 3-9805273-3-6
- Rolf Hennig : Ludwig Dörbandt † . In: AFZ / DerWald . 55th year, issue 20/2000, p. 1107, ISSN 1430-2713
- Helmuth Schrötter, Manfred Schorcht: In memoriam Goede Gendrich . In: Contributions to forestry and landscape ecology . 34th year, issue 4/2000, pp. 182-184, ISSN 0323-4673
- Rolf Hennig : Goede Gendrich - chronicler and herald of the old Mecklenburg . In: Carolinum. Historical-literary magazine . 66th year, issue 128 / summer 2002
- Rolf Hennig : Schelploh - encounters with the poet and writer Goede Gendrich . In: Carolinum. Historical-literary magazine . 67th year, issue 130 / summer 2003
- Klaus Borrmann : Ludwig Dörbandt, alias Goede Gendrich, a forester's son . In: Feldberger Jägersleut. Legends and facts about hunting and game in the Feldberg lake landscape - yesterday and today . Sassenverlag, Neustrelitz 2003, ISBN 3-9808755-2-0 , pp. 86-88
- Werner Schuder (Ed.): Dörbandt, Ludwig (Ps. Goede Gendrich). In: Kürschner's German Literature Calendar 1984. 59th year. Walter de Gruyter, Berlin and New York 1984, ISBN 3-11-009677-3 , ISSN 0343-0936 , p. 226.
- Literature by and about Goede Gendrich in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature about Goede Gendrich in the state bibliography MV
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Dörbandt, Ludwig (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German forester and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 22, 1912|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mirow|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 6, 2000|
|Place of death||Eschede|