Gottfried Müller (politician)
Gottfried Bertold Paul Adolf Müller (born August 16, 1934 in Schweina ) is a German theologian and former politician ( CDU ). He was Minister for Media Policy of the GDR in the cabinet of Lothar de Maizière and later President of the Landtag in Thuringia .
After graduating from high school, Gottfried Müller studied Protestant theology at the Karl Marx University in Leipzig and the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena from 1953 to 1960 . In 1964 he received his doctorate in theology . From 1960 to 1972 he was pastor in various parishes of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Thuringia . In 1972 he joined the GDR CDU and became head of the Altenburg Bible Institute . From 1981 to 1990 he was editor-in-chief of the Thuringian church newspaper Glaube und Heimat and from 1987 to April 1990 head of the Wartburg publishing house in Jena.
Gottfried Müller was the initiator and main author for the so-called letter from Weimar (together with the three other signatories Christine Lieberknecht , Martin Kirchner and the GDR lawyer Martina Huhn from Bad Lausick), which urged the democratic renewal of the GDR CDU and thus also made the Peaceful Revolution in the GDR possible. From December 1989 to October 1990 he was deputy chairman of the GDR CDU and from April to October 1990 Minister for Media Policy in the GDR.
The German National Library lists more than 50 publications on this Gottfried Müller, of which he is the author or in which he has contributed. These include, for example:
- The fire is burning. Report on Dr. Martin Luther , Berlin 1963
- The rose miracle. Pictures and legends from Thuringia , Berlin 1967
- The Trumpet Angel , Berlin 1968
- The church mouse , Berlin 1988
- Interview in: Holger Zürch (Ed.): With free people on free land . 15 years of the Thuringian Parliament in retrospect, former MPs from the founding years in the Free State of Thuringia. Self-publication by Engelsdorfer Verlag , Leipzig 2006, ISBN 978-3-939404-01-9 , p. 139-149 . - The interview with Gottfried Müller can also be found online at Qucosa from page 64 in the free e-book version of this book.
- Conversation in: Holger Zürch: Thuringia's early years. Talks with Thuringian MPs about their time in the state parliament between 1990 and 1999. Erfurt 2004, ISBN 3-931426-85-8 (= Volume 20 of the Thuringia yesterday & today series , published by the Thuringia Regional Center for Civic Education )
- Helmut Müller-Enbergs : . In: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 2. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 .
- Erhard Neubert: The letter from Weimar. On the self-liberation of the CDU in autumn 1989 (pdf)
- Manfred Agethen: Unrest potentials and reform efforts at the base of the Eastern CDU in the run-up to the turnaround. The "Letter from Weimar" and the "Letter from Neuenhagen" (pdf)
- Ekkehard Schulreich: Advertisement for election fraud: The courageous lawyer from Bad Lausick. Leipziger Volkszeitung, Muldental edition, p. 31, February 4, 2015 (full-page newspaper article)
- GND 131453033
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Müller, Gottfried Bertold Paul Adolf|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU) and MdL (Thuringia), Minister for Media Policy of the GDR (1990)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 16, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schweina|