The county of Meulan with the main town Meulan , a strategically important fortress on the lower reaches of the Seine , belonged to the Vexin in the 10th century and came to the county of Beaumont-le-Roger by marriage in 1081 . 1199 Meulan was by French King Philip II August in connection with the reconquest of Normandy due to the loyalty that Count Robert VI. brought to the English under King John without land , was drawn in by the French. The Capetians kept Meulan under their direct control and only installed a powerless vice-count.
Meulan was by Philip VI. his half-brother Louis of Evreux given, then in 1364 his grandson, Charles II. the evil , the King of Navarre , taken away. Karl's son Karl III. the noble one finally ceded Meulan to the king in 1404.
Count of Meulan
- Liégardis, Countess of Mantes and Meulan, † 990/991; ∞ I Raoul II , Count of Valois , Amiens and Vexin ( First House of Valois ); ∞ II
- Galéran I, from the family of the Vice Counts of Chartres , Count of Meulan, † before 985/987
- Galéran II, his son
- Hugo I., † shortly after 1005, his son, 990/991 Viscount, 989 Comte de Meulan; ∞ Oda of Vexin , daughter of Count Walter II of Vexin, Amiens and Valois
- Galéran III., † 1069, son of Galéran II., Until 1015 Count of Meulan
- Hugo II, called Caput Ursae , his brother, around 1023-1033 Viscount du Vexin
- Hugo III., † 1081, son of Hugos II., 1056 – before 1081 Count von Meuland, goes to the monastery
- Robert I. de Beaumont , † 1118, Roger's son, Lord of Beaumont and Pont-Audemer, 1081 Earl of Meulan, 1107 Earl of Leicester ; ∞ Elisabeth von Vermandois , † 1131 , Dame d'Elbeuf , daughter of Count Hugo ( Capetian ) and Adelheid von Vermandois ( Carolingian )
- Galéran IV. (Walram IV.) , † 1166, son of Roberts I, Earl of Meulan, 1138 Earl of Worcester , Lord of Beaumont and Pont-Audemer; ∞ Agnes von Montfort , daughter of Amaury III. von Montfort , Count of Évreux , and Agnes von Garlande
- Robert II. , † 1204 , son of Galéran IV., Count of Meulan, deposed in 1204; ∞ Mathilde of Cornwall , daughter of Earl Reinald (Reginald), an illegitimate son of King Henry I of England .
- Galéran V. de Beaumont , † 1190/91, son of Roberts II, 1183 Count von Meulan, ∞ Marguerite de Fougères
- Olivier le Daim , Count of Meulan 1474–1483
- Detlev Schwennicke, European Family Tables Volume III.4 (1989) Plate 701A (for Galéran I. to Hugues III.)