City of Spangenberg
|Height :||318 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||6.78 km²|
|Population density :||33 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||December 31, 1971|
|Postal code :||34286|
|Area code :||05663|
Herlefeld is mentioned for the first time in 1317. Herlefeld voluntarily joined the city of Spangenberg on December 31, 1971 and had 217 inhabitants at that time, today there are 238.
The volunteer fire brigade , the Spangenberg cultural area and the men's choir "Sangeslust" 1892 are the main pillars in the club life of the small town.
In the Spangenberg area people like to call the Herlefelder "Kohlraben". The Herlefelder got their nickname because of the good soil quality, which always guaranteed a very good kohlrabi harvest .
- "Herlefeld, Schwalm-Eder District". Historical local dictionary for Hessen. (As of July 29, 2015). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- The location on the city of Spangenberg's website , accessed in March 2016.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart and Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 405 .
- List of the mayor of the Spangenberg districts ( memento of the original from October 5, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- The place on the website of the city of Spangenberg
- "Herlefeld, Schwalm-Eder district". Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Literature about Herlefeld in the Hessian Bibliography