City of Spangenberg
|Height :||309 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.35 km²|
|Population density :||55 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st February 1971|
|Postal code :||34286|
|Area code :||05663|
Metzebach is about 4 km as the crow flies south-southeast of the city center and borders on the Alheim district ( Hersfeld-Rotenburg district ). Metzebach has the following neighboring villages: Obergude and Landefeld . Metzebach can be proven for the first time for 1236 .
The municipality of Metzebach was incorporated into the city of Spangenberg on February 1, 1971 as part of the regional reform in Hesse . At that time the place had 185 inhabitants, today about 200 people live in Metzebach.
In Metzebach you will find the Landetal youth fire brigade , rural women and the volunteer fire brigade . The Metzebächer are only called "Illenpiffen" by the other villagers. According to a legend, there was a clay pit on the way to Obergude , in which long clay pipes were made, these were then called "Illenpiffen" - that is, ellen pipes .
- Metzebach, Schwalm-Eder district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. (As of July 29, 2015). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- The location on the website of the city of Spangenberg ( Memento of the original from March 31, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed March 2016.
- Municipal reform: mergers and integration of municipalities from January 20, 1971 . In: The Hessian Minister of the Interior (ed.): State Gazette for the State of Hesse. 1971 No. 6 , p. 248 , item 328, para. 42 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 6.2 MB ]).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart and Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 404 .
- List of the mayor of the Spangenberg districts ( memento of the original from October 5, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- The place on the website of the city of Spangenberg
- Metzebach, Schwalm-Eder district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Literature about Metzebach in the Hessian Bibliography