Jean-Louis Rassinfosse (* 9. January 1952 in Brussels ) is a Belgian double bassist of the Modern Jazz . He is "considered the great lyricist of the European jazz scene" who plays a lively walking bass .
Live and act
Rassinfosse grew up in his hometown. He played with important Belgian jazz musicians such as Toots Thielemans , Jacques Pelzer , Fats Sadi , Philip Catherine , Michel Herr and Steve Houben . He became internationally known in the second half of the 1970s as a companion to Chet Baker , with whom he toured for ten years and recorded six albums. He also worked in the bands of Michel Petrucciani , Joe Henderson , Pepper Adams and Archie Shepp . In Germany he mainly appears in different constellations with Klaus Ignatzek , with whom he has recorded more than twenty albums since 1988. He has also performed with Philly Joe Jones , Tete Montoliu , Michal Urbaniak , Horace Parlan , Anca Parghel , Marcia Maria, Clifford Jordan , John Ruocco , Bill Ramsey , Barbara Wiernik and the trio L'Âme des poètes .
As a lecturer he was since 1980 at the Conservatory of Liege active; he currently teaches at the Brussels Conservatory .
- Jean-Louis Rassinfosse, Fabrice Alleman , Jean-Philippe Collard-Neven & Xavier Desandre Navarre Braining Storm (Fuga Libera 2010)
- Second Move (with Jean-Philippe Collard-Neven, 2008)
- Reflections (with Claudio Roditi and Klaus Ignatzek, 2005)
- Crossworlds (with Claudio Roditi, Gustavo Bergalli , Klaus Ignatzek, Pierre Vaiana, Fabien Degryse, Bruno Castellucci , 2001)
- L'Âme des poètes (with Pierre Vaiana and Pierre Van Dormael , 1992)
- Strollin ' (with Chet Baker, Philip Catherine, 1985)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Belgian jazz musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 9, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brussels|