Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru
|Airport Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru
ಕೆಂಪೇಗೌಡ ಅಂತರರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ವಿಮಾನ ನಿಲ್ದಾಣ
|Height above MSL||915 m (3002 ft )|
|Distance from the city center||40 km from Bangalore|
|operator||Bengaluru International Airport Limited (BIAL)|
|Air freight||339,461 t (2017)|
( PAX per year)
|09/27||4000 m × 45 m asphalt|
The Kempegowda Bengaluru International Airport (airport Kempegowda, Kannada : ಕೆಂಪೇಗೌಡ ಅಂತರರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ವಿಮಾನ ನಿಲ್ದಾಣ ) (until 2006 Bangalore International Airport) ( IATA code : BLR , ICAO code : VOBL ) is the international airport of the city Bengaluru, formerly Bangalore . It is located in Devanahalli, 40 km north of the city center and 30 km from the main train station. It replaces the old HAL Bangalore International Airport. The airport has been in operation since May 23, 2008, initially under the name Bengaluru International Airport . In 2017 it was used by 25 million passengers, which is an increase of around 13% over the previous year (22.2 million). Bangaluru is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka . It is the third largest city in India after Mumbai and Delhi. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru has already been named the second best airport in India under its old name (source: Skytrax 2012). In December 2013 the airport was renamed Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru to commemorate the founder of the city ( Kempe Gowda I. ).
The airport replaces the closed HAL Bangalore International Airport .
The airport was originally planned to handle 3.5 million passengers a year and was later rescheduled to handle twelve million passengers a year. This rescheduling resulted in a larger terminal and more space for the aircraft.
A direct metro link is also being built from Bengaluru Central Station to the airport. The NH7 motorway, which runs close to the airport, has been expanded mainly to six lanes between Bangalore and the airport.
There is a four-story terminal for international and domestic flights. The terminal is fully air-conditioned. Shops and toilets are located in the basement. The departure and arrival areas are only separated by a virtual wall. International and domestic lounges and other shops are on the second floor. Check-in and baggage claim are on the first floor.
There is a runway; it is suitable for all types of aircraft. There are also plans for a second runway because the airport has to handle 18 million passengers a year.
The most modern duty-free area in India is located in the international departure area. The domestic departure area also houses duty-free shops.
The following airlines offer domestic lounges:
The following airlines and hotel chains offer international lounges:
The airport is currently connected to the city by twelve bus routes operated by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation; the metro connection is still under construction. Modern and air-conditioned taxis to and from the airport are also available.
Airlines and Destinations
- AirAsia India : Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Pune, Vishakhapatnam
- Air India : Chennai, Delhi, Nagpur
- Deccan Aviation : Electronics City, HAL (old airport), Palace Grounds, UB City, Whitefield
- GoAir : Ahmedabad, Cochin, Delhi, Mumbai
- IndiGo Airlines : Ahmedabad, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Pune
- SpiceJet : Ahmedabad, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Srinagar
- Air Arabia : Sharjah
- AirAsia : Kuala Lumpur
- Air France : Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air Mauritius : Mauritius
- Bangkok Airways : Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
- British Airways : London-Heathrow
- Cathay Dragon : Hong Kong
- Emirates : Dubai
- Gulf Air : Bahrain
- Kuwait Airways : Kuwait
- Lufthansa : Frankfurt am Main, Munich (from 2020)
- Malaysia Airlines : Kuala Lumpur
- Nepal Airlines : Kathmandu
- Oman Air : Muscat
- Saudi Arabian Airlines : Jeddah, Riyadh
- Singapore Airlines : Singapore
- SriLankan Airlines : Colombo
- Thai AirAsia : Bangkok Don Mueang
- Thai Airways International : Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
- Tiger Airways : Singapore
- Qatar Airways : Doha
Air freight companies
- AeroLogic : Leipzig
- Air France Cargo : Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Air India Cargo : Frankfurt
- Blue Dart Aviation : Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi
- Emirates SkyCargo : Dubai
- Gulf Air Cargo : Manama
- Lufthansa Cargo : Frankfurt am Main
- MASkargo : Kuala Lumpur
- Qatar Airways Cargo : Doha
- Singapore Airlines Cargo : Singapore
- SriLankan Cargo : Colombo
- Thai Airways Cargo : Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
- ↑ a b c  (English)
- ↑ Aerodrome Geographical and Administrative Data ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF, English)
- ↑ Aerodrome Chart ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF, English)