Tibetan script :
མཁས་ གྲུབ་ རྒྱ་ མཚོ
Wylie transliteration :
mkhas dug rgya mtsho
Pronunciation in IPA :
[ kʰɛʈʂup catsʰɔ ]
Official transcription of the PRCh :
THDL transcription :
Khedrub Gyatsho, Khedrup Gyatso
凱 珠 嘉措
凯 珠 嘉措
Khedrub Gyatsho died at a young age and as a result of the conflict between Tibet and the Chinese Empire there are no records of his life. Since three candidates were eligible for incarnation of the tenth Dalai Lama, Khedrub Gyatso was selected by lot with the help of the Golden Urn donated by Emperor Qian Long . In 1846 the 11th Dalai Lama took his monastic vows before the 7th Panchen Lama in the Jokhang in Lhasa. In 1852 he visited the monasteries Sera , Drepung , Ganden , Chökhorgyel on Lhamo Lhatso (a sacred lake in Tibet; Tib .: lha mo bla mtsho ) and Samye to give lectures and hand out alms. In March 1855 he took over secular power in Tibet, which he exercised for less than a year, since he died on January 31, 1856.
- Ya Hanzhang: The Biographies of the Dalai Lamas , Foreign Languages Press, Beijing, 1991, p. 92-95.
- Günther Schulemann : The History of the Dalai Lamas. Leipzig 1958, .
- Andreas Gruschke: Diederichs compact - Dalai Lama. Kreuzlingen - Munich 2003, ISBN 3-7205-2461-2 .
- Martin Brauen (Ed.): The Dalai Lamas. Ethnological Museum of the University of Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-89790-219-2 .
- Karl-Heinz Golzio, Pietro Bandini: The fourteen rebirths of the Dalai Lama. OW Barth, Bern / Munich / Vienna 1997, ISBN 3-502-61002-9 .
- Ya Hanzhang: The Biographies of the Dalai Lamas. Foreign Languages Press, Beijing, 1991.
|Khedrub Gyatsho (alternative names of the lemma)|
|Kedrup Gyatso, Khedrub Gyatsho, chin .: 凱 珠 嘉措, Kǎizhū Jiācuò|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||mkhas grub rgya mtsho; Khedrup Gyatso|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||eleventh Dalai Lama|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1838|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kangding|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 31, 1856|