|Country of production||Germany|
|Age rating||FSK 12|
Kokon (international title: Cocoon ) is a German feature film by Leonie Krippendorff from 2020 . The coming-of-age film for which the director also wrote the screenplay, is a pubescent teenagers (played by Lena Urzendowsky ) at the center, during a summer in her hometown Berlin discovers her sexuality.
The premiere took place on February 21, 2020 as part of the 70th Berlin International Film Festival as the opening film of the Generation 14plus section . The cinema release in Germany was initially scheduled for April 30, 2020, but was then postponed to August 13, 2020.
Berlin, summer 2018: 14-year-old Nora grows up with her older sister Jule at Kottbusser Tor in Kreuzberg . The girls spend a lot of time with Jules' best friend Aylin. In this shimmering midsummer there are many first times for the reserved Nora. She discovers menstruation , smoking weed and the first sexual desire. The transformation of her girlish body into that of a young woman triggers great insecurity in Nora. While almost everything for Jule and Aylin revolves around their appearance and self-portrayal on social media , they make the acquaintance of Romy by chance. She falls in love with the older girl who teaches her to be true to herself and her body.
Kokon was produced by Jost Hering (Jost Hering Films) . The ZDF / Das kleine Fernsehspiel , Kuratorium Junge deutscher Film and Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg acted as co-producers . The shooting took place from July to August 2018 in Berlin.
Kokon was selected as the opening film of the Generation 14plus competition at the Berlinale 2020 . At the same time, Krippendorff's directorial work has been nominated for the LGBTIQ film prize Teddy Award .
Kokon was also in the preselection for the German Film Award 2020 , but was not taken into account when the regular nominations were announced.
- Kokon at josthering.de
- Cocoon at berlinale.de
- Cocoon at crew united
- Kokon at filmportal.de
- Cocoon in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- cocoon . In: teddyaward.tv (accessed on February 11, 2020).
- Kokon at filmportal.de (accessed on February 11, 2020).
- Start of shooting for the ZDF cinema co-production "Kokon" with Jella Haase in Berlin . In: presseportal.de, July 17, 2018 (accessed February 11, 2020).
- Generation: Should I Stay or Should I Go - Young people on the move. In: berlinale.de. December 17, 2020, accessed January 9, 2020 .
- Cocoon . In: josthering.de (accessed on February 11, 2020).
- preselection . In: deutscher-filmpreis.de (accessed on January 24, 2020).