Landolf Scherzer was born in Dresden in 1941. From 1962 to 1965 he studied at the Faculty of Journalism in Leipzig. Because of critical reports that he had written with Klaus Schlesinger and Jean Villain for Neue Berliner Illustrierte , he was de-registered . Until 1975 he was editor of the newspaper Free Word in Suhl , since then he has been a freelance writer in Thuringia.
Scherzer was chairman of the active literary journalism in the writers 'association of the GDR and chairman of the writers' association in the Suhl district. From 1994 to 1999 and from 2006 to 2007 he was regional chairman of the Association of German Writers (VS) in the regional district of Thuringia, of which he is still an assessor today. Landolf Scherzer is also a member of the writers' association PEN Center Germany .
Scherzer's work deals with the GDR and its political system. The publication of his books in the GDR was made more difficult at times. After 1989 he described difficulties and opportunities in the process of unification in long-term reports.
Well-known is his book Fänger und Gefangene , in which he describes life and work on a state-owned fishing trawler and makes clear the insanity of industrial fish production and the inadequacies of the GDR's economy. His report book Der Erste also caused a stir . It describes the actions and the illusion of the 1st Secretary of the SED district leadership Hans-Dieter Fritschler, whom Scherzer accompanied for four weeks in November 1986, and his Bad Salzungen district . Here, for the first time, insights into the internal structure of the SED party apparatus were given. Scherzer designs u. a. the image of a committed functionary who aims to compensate for technical deficits in GDR companies through the commitment of the working people.
- 1980: Max Reger Prize of the Suhl district
- 1984: FDGB art prize for literature
- 1986: Heinrich Heine Prize from the Ministry of Culture of the GDR
- 2010: Walter Bauer Prize
- South Thuringian Panorama , 1973
- Spreewaldfahrten , 1975
- Close ups. From Siberia and the Soviet Orient , 1975
- Catchers and prisoners. 2386 hours ahead of Labrador and elsewhere , 1983
- Bom día, white brother. Experiences on the Zambezi , 1984
- Matundo Camp , 1986
- The first , in 1988
- In search of hope on the Volga , 1991
- Time is running. Documentary literature before and after the fall of the Wall , 1990, Treptower Verlag Berlin, ISBN 978-3-7303-0603-1
- At the coffin of Soyuz. Hope is the last to die s, 1993
- Pity is free, you have to work for envy . Reports, edition ost, Berlin 1997, ISBN 978-3929161953
- The second , 2000
- The last one , 2000
- The strangers. Adverse Encounters and Prohibited Protocols , 2002
- Black wisdom , 2004, NORA publishing group Dyck & Westerheide OHG Berlin.
- The Border Crosser , 2005
- Steinstimmen , July 2006, burgart-presse, ISBN 978-3-910206-56-4
- The alcohol-free wedding and other texts from the years 1972–1994: Relocated again found , NORA Verlagsgemeinschaft Dyck & Westerheide, Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-86557-179-3
- Ulyanovna's coffin money. Two reports , Wartburg Verlag, 2009, ISBN 978-3-86160-328-3
- Always straight ahead. On foot through the east of Europe . Construction Verlag, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-351-02715-5 .
- Last heroes. Reports , Aufbau Verlag, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-7466-2663-5
- Holidays for red angels , reports, Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-7466-2694-9
- Change yourselves! The Energy Transition Manifesto , Landolf Scherzer and other authors; Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2011, ISBN 978-3-351-02742-1
- Madame Zhou and the bicycle hairdresser. On the trail of the Chinese miracle , Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-351-02746-9
- Overthrow the gods from Olympus. The other Greece , Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-351-03580-8
- The Red. Power and powerlessness of government , Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-351-03621-8
- Buenos días, Cuba: Journey through a country in transition , Aufbau-Verlag, Berlin 2018, ISBN 3-351-03713-9
- Portrait report about Scherzer. In: Die Zeit , No. 25/1998
- Brigitte Böttcher (Ed.): Inventory. Literary profiles . Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle (Saale) 1976, Landolf Scherzer, p. 86 f .
- Dieter Fechner : Personal encounters with Thuringian authors in the 20th / 21st Century . Verlag Rockstuhl, Bad Langensalza 2014, ISBN 978-3-86777-718-6 , Landolf Scherzer (born 1941), p. 157-164 .
- Literature by and about Landolf Scherzer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Scherzer biography. In: Bookmarks e. V. Accessed July 20, 2020 .
- Landolf Scherzer - short biography. In: www.thueringer-literaturrat.de. Retrieved July 20, 2020 .
- Interview with Scherzer about his political stance. In: taz , 2014; Retrieved November 19, 2014
- Scherzer personal fund in the Thuringia archive portal , accessed on September 1, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 14, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dresden|