Lothar Irle was the son of Albert and Anna Emilie Irle, geb. Cutter. In 1925 he completed the teachers' seminar in Hilchenbach and studied from 1925 to 1927 at the University of Marburg and from 1927 to 1931 at the University of Frankfurt am Main Nordic and German philology , history and folklore .
At the latest while attending the teachers' seminar, he became politically active and organized himself on the right edge of the political spectrum. As early as 1923 he joined the Ehrhardt Brigade before joining the Völkisch-Sozialen Block (VSFB), a replacement organization of the NSDAP , which was banned at the time , and of which he became a member in 1931. Irle intensified his activities for National Socialism considerably after 1933. In the NSDAP, of course, he had previously held the position of local group leader. He was a member of the SA and was promoted to Oberscharführer in 1937.
Among other things, Irle was a regional training speaker for the NSDAP and a member of the Reich Reading Book Commission for Hesse and the industrial area (= Ruhr area). After receiving his doctorate in 1934, he left school and worked as a lecturer in folklore at the Dortmund University for Teacher Training . "He owed this steep rise to the fact that he had distinguished himself as a 'champion for National Socialism' (Siegener Zeitung)". From 1938 he was in the Gau Westfalen-Süd Gau leader of the National Socialist German Lecturer Association . Irle was an avowed anti-Semite .
Due to his considerable Nazi burden, he was dismissed from school service in the course of the denazification and not reinstated. Since then he has worked as an insurance agent. Irle wrote around 40 publications about the Siegerland . His writings represent the continuity of ethno- biological and völkisch conceptions in local literature and folklore beyond 1945. In this milieu he was by no means alone. The post-National Socialist regional history and culture remained shaped by the former National Socialists. Irle was for many years the district chairman and since 1969 honorary chairman of the Sauerland Mountain Club, District Siegerland, as well as a member of the board of the Siegerland Heimat- und Geschichtsverein. The Siegerland personalities and gender lexicon published by Irle and published by Irle is an example of the cultural memory perspective represented by Irle. It does not name members of the groups excluded and persecuted by the Nazi regime, i.e. members of the Jewish minority, Sinti descendants, communists or social democrats with a few exceptions, but in large numbers and without exception it has positive connotations of protagonists of the Nazi system with and without Siegerland origin (" Hermann Giesler , ..., professor, architect, including builder of the Vogelsang training castle"). The publisher of the book sees in it an "extract from which blood-based, family relationships and relationships can be explored."
Ile's NS vita and the völkisch continuity in his professional contributions were never presented or discussed in the regional public during his lifetime and far beyond.
- The importance of homeland and ancestry for national work ; in: Das Volk, April 29, 1925
- First names in Siegerland ; Siegen: Vorländer 1932
- Pictures from the first Nazi period in Hilchenbach ; in: Siegerländer National-Zeitung, June 7, 1933 ff.
- Folklore questions of the present ; Dortmund / Breslau no year
- Family studies for the Siegerland young people ; Bochum 1934 (1946 placed on the list of literature to be sorted out in the Soviet occupation zone as contaminated by the Nazi regime .)
- Family studies [for various Westphalian areas] ; Bochum 1936 (Articles by different authors; 1946 in the Soviet Zone as contaminated by the Nazi regime on the list of literature to be sorted out.)
- Family studies for the youth of the Iserlohn city and country districts ; Bochum: Kamp [around 1936]; with Hermann Esser (placed on the list of literature to be sorted out in the Soviet Zone in 1946 as contaminated by the Nazi regime.)
- Folklore questions of the present ; Dortmund: Crüwell; Munich: Dt. Volksverlag 1938 (1946 placed on the list of literature to be sorted out in the Soviet occupation zone as contaminated by the Nazi regime.)
- Siegerland gender book . Arranged by Gerhard Moisel. Limburg / Lahn: Strong n.d.
- Our winning country. A local lore . Siegen: W. Schneider 1952; Siegen: Siegerländer Heimatverein , Kaan-Marienborn 1968
- A Siegerland village book . Kaan-Marienborn: Municipality 1957
- Cheery in Siegerland . Siegen: Vorländer 1960ff.
- Hiking guide Siegen Youth Hostel . Hagen: Westphalia-Lippe Youth Hostel Association 1961
- Rimmcher on Schnürjelcher, zesahmegeschdallt . Siegen: Vorländer 1963
- Ferndorf. A Siegerland village book . Ferndorf 1963
- The Siegerland. An illustrated book from the landscapes of the upper victory . Iserlohn: Sauerland 1964 [introduction by Irle]
- Deer pharmacy in Siegen. 1691-1966. Documentation on the 275th anniversary . Siegen: Hirsch Pharmacy 1966
- Death and burial in the Siegerland . Siegen: Siegerland homeland club 1966
- The Siegerland and Westphalia . Ed. from the district of Siegen. Hilchenbach: Weyandt 1967
- The Siegerland in folklore literature. Bibliography . Marburg / Lahn: Folklore Forum 1968
- Saints in veneration and folklore of the Siegerland . Siegen: Siegerländer Heimatverein 1969
- Siegerland circular hikes. Committed and described . Stuttgart: Fink 1971
- Aegidius Obenstruth. The richest Siegerland around 1600 . Siegen: Siegerland Heimatverein 1974
- Siegerland. Selected, committed and described . Stuttgart: Fink 1974
- Siegerland personalities and gender lexicon. Published on the occasion of the 750th anniversary of the city of Siegen in 1974 . Siegen: Siegerland Heimatverein 1974
- Mutual relations between the Siegerland and the areas east of the Elbe. A family history study . Siegen: J. G. Herder Library Siegerland 1977
- Siegerland place directory . Siegen: Siegerländer Heimat- und Geschichtsverein eV 1998
- Alexander Hesse: Dr. Lothar Irle (1905–1974). Teacher trainer, folklorist, genealogist - comments on a self-testimony ; in: Siegener contributions. Yearbook for Regional History, 2 (1997), pp. 114–120
- Rainer S. Elkar: The Memoria of Dr. Lothar Irle. A contribution to the history of a "Ur-Siegerlander" ; in: Siegener contributions. Yearbook for Regional History, 18 (2013), pp. 217–233
- Ulrich Friedrich Opfermann: Siegerland and Wittgenstein under National Socialism. People, data, literature. A handbook on regional contemporary history ; Siegener Contributions, Special Volume 2001; Siegen 2001, 2nd edition.
- Ulrich Friedrich Opfermann: With clinking windows and yelling . Jews and the national community in Siegerland and Wittgenstein in the 19th and 20th centuries; Wins 2009
- A life's work for the Haubergsland. Dr. Lothar Irle turns 60. Scholar and original ; in: Siegener Zeitung, May 15, 1965
- “D'r Lothar” is 65 years old ; in: Siegener Zeitung, May 15, 1970
- "D'r Lothar" brings the Siegerland humor to light ; in: Siegener Zeitung, June 2, 1971
- W. Schulte: The Westphalian Heimatbund and its predecessors , vol. 1; Münster 1973; Pp. 191, 341; Vol. 2, pp. 187-189, 195, 196
- The homeland lost an original winner country. Dr. Lothar Irle died after a long illness ; in: Siegener Zeitung, May 16, 1974
- Lothar Irle ; in: Genealogy, Mitteilungen, H. 6, 1974, p. 185
- Main State Archives Düsseldorf, NW 1.127-1.066 (Lothar Irle), NW 1.037-VI-8.917 (Lothar Irle)
- Bundesarchiv Berlin, holdings of ex-BDC / NSDAP files, Lothar Irle personal files
- Literature by and about Lothar Irle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Lothar Irle in the Lexicon of Westphalian Authors
- Regional personal lexicon on National Socialism in the old districts of Siegen and Wittgenstein, article Lothar Irle
- Lexicon of Westphalian Authors
- Cf. Ulrich Friedrich Opfermann, “How wonderfully this sum that was thrown out for hereditary sickness could be used” - Aspects of discriminatory social policy under National Socialism using the example of Siegerland-Wittgenstein, in: Siegener contributions. Yearbook for regional history, 7 (2002), pp. 105–170, here: pp. 160f. There information on the Nazi biographies of Hermann Böttger , Gustav Busch, Wilhelm Faust, Heinz Fischer, Erich Fliegner , Fritz Fromme, Wilhelm Hartnack , Otto Krasa , Walter Menn, Wilhelm Nassauer and Wilhelm Ring, all also included and positively recognized in Ile's personalities -Dictionary.
- Lothar Irle, Siegerland Personalities and Gender Lexicon, Siegen 1974, p. 7.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German local researcher and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 16, 1905|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sit down|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 15, 1974|
|Place of death||Wins|