Marco Battistella (born October 12, 1986 in Esch / Alzette , Luxembourg ) is a Luxembourgish sound engineer and producer who specializes in concert recordings, CD productions and live broadcasts in the field of classical music as well as jazz & blues . Battistella works in Vienna .
As the son of the orchestra conductor of the same name, Battistella jr. early in contact with classical music. At the age of four he received cello lessons. Battistella was then accepted at the Conservatory of Luxembourg City in order to receive a broad musical education there. The focus of his studies was on music theory , saxophone , church organ , singing, Gregorian chant , choral singing and later opera singing . After completing his training, Battistella moved to Vienna to deal in depth with musical notation and composition.
Based on his experience as an active musician, he now dedicates himself to the production of classical music as well as jazz & blues. He has specialized in the most authentic musical and acoustic reproduction possible. This includes live broadcasts, concert recordings and the production of CDs and music videos.
In addition to his freelance work, Marco Battistella works as a producer and sound engineer for classical music in the Edlmair & Lenz OG recording studio. His assignments take him from Austria to Luxembourg, Germany, France and Norway. In addition to his work as a producer, he has been training students in the music and audiovisual department at the Bundesoberstufenrealgymnasium für Musik und Kunst Hegelgasse since September 2012 . He is also a lecturer at the SAE Institute in Vienna and gives lectures in the fields of stereophony, music theory and psychology in the recording room.
Battistella has been an active member of the Wiener Singverein since 2008 , with appearances in the Wiener Musikverein , the Wiener Konzerthaus , at the Salzburg Festival as well as in international concert halls in Japan, China, Russia, Turkey, France and Luxembourg.
Marco Battistella has been a member of the AES ( Audio Engineering Society ) since 2011, a member of the P&E Wing of the NARAS ( National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences ) since 2015 and also a GRAMMY Award (©) jury member. Marco Battistella has been a member of the Association of German Tonmeister since 2017 .
Battistella has led productions with well-known conductors, orchestras, choirs, chamber musicians and soloists and works with labels such as Naxos (label) , Hänssler Classic , Untitel Classica , Oehms Classics , Rubicon and many others. together. His most prominent references include: Valery Gergiev , Eliahu Inbal , Pinchas Zukerman , Sascha Goetzel , Gustavo Gimeno , Wiener Staatsopernchor , Wiener Singverein , Signum Quartet , Wiener Comedian Harmonists, Elisabeth Leonskaja , Mischa Maisky , Frank Peter Zimmermann u. v. a.
- 2020: Kerry Turner, TURNER, K .: Horn Works (Complete), Vol. 1 ( Naxos )
- 2020: Hélène Boulègue, JOLIVET, A .: Flute Works (Complete), Vol. 2 ( Naxos )
- 2020: Florian Feilmair, BEETHOVEN, L. van: Variations, Op. 35, WoO 80, WoO 77 / Piano Sonata No. 32 ( Hänssler Classics )
- 2020: Solistes Européens Luxembourg, FARRENC, L .: Symphony No. 1 / Overtures / Grand Variations on a theme by Count Gallenberg ( Naxos )
- 2019: Léo Halsdorf, SCHUMANN, C. / MÉNAGER, L .: Horn and Piano Works ( Naxos )
- 2019: Jean Muller, MOZART, WA: Piano Sonatas (Complete), Vol. 2 ( Hänssler Classics )
honors and awards
- International Classical Music Awards nomination 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Pizzicato (magazine) Supersonic Award 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Fono Forum Star of the Month II / 18
- Opus Klassik nomination 2019, 2020
- Marco Battistella homepage
- Marco Battistella at Discogs (English)
- "To Lëtzebuerg gëtt vill enregistered"
- Recording producer Marco Battistella: "I like a very authentic and natural sound"
- "Successful Luxembourgian Musical Showcase in NY"
- "And The Grammy Goes To ..."
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Luxembourgish sound engineer and producer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 12, 1986|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Esch / Alzette , Luxembourg|