|Height :||76 m|
|Area :||17.43 km²|
|Residents :||190 (December 31, 2017)|
|Population density :||11 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||May 26, 2019|
|Postal code :||17209|
|Area code :||039925|
Location in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
Massow is on the edge of the Mecklenburg Lake District . The wooded and hilly, local area reaching extends between the Massower See , which is flowed through by the upper Elde , and the upper Dosse , which forms the border with the state of Brandenburg . The town of Röbel / Müritz is about 20 kilometers, the Brandenburg town of Meyenburg 14 kilometers, Freyenstein about six kilometers and Wittstock / Dosse about 24 kilometers away.
The former Evchensruh district and the Kornhorst residential area belong to Massow.
In 1344, Massow - consisting of the originally Slavic settlements Wendisch-Massow and Deutsch-Massow - appears for the first time in a deed of lease that speaks of a watermill that no longer exists today. From 1473 to 1930 at the latest, the Gutsdorf Massow was owned by the von Lücken family .
The manor house, which is well worth seeing, became a nursing home in 1950, which was renovated and repaired during the GDR era. Today it is operated by the Diakonie Güstrow as an aftercare facility. The simple village church dates from 1843.
- Neo-Romanesque village church Massow from 1842 made of field and bricks
- Manor complex with manor house, park, smithy and distillery
- In the Dorfstrasse there is a memorial stone from 1976 in memory of the victims of the death march of the inmates of the Sachsenhausen concentration camp , who were murdered by the SS in April 1945 . In Grabow-Below is the Memorial Death March in the Below Forest .
Economy and Infrastructure
Agriculture and forestry continue to shape the place. Numerous homes have been built in recent years. Alongside agriculture and forestry, Diakonie Güstrow is the largest employer.
Massow is a bit off the national road connections. The motorway junction Röbel / Müritz of the federal motorway 19 is about twelve kilometers away. Roads lead to Freyenstein in Brandenburg , Meyenburg and Wittstock / Dosse as well as via the federal highway 198 to Plau am See , Röbel / Müritz and Neustrelitz .
- Walther Preik (1932–2018), sculptor, born in Massow
- Statistisches Amt MV - Population status of the districts, offices and municipalities 2017 (XLS file) (population figures in update of the 2011 census)
- Ministry of the Interior and Europe Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania: amalgamation of the municipalities Grabow-Below, Massow, Wredenhagen and Zepkow , accessed on February 19, 2019