After high school and community service, Mansen studied art at the State Academy of Fine Arts in Karlsruhe from 1978 to 1984 . In 1983 he received first prize at the Landesbank Stuttgart's print art award . From 1984 to 1988 he worked in his Berlin studio, where he mainly worked with woodcuts. In 1986 and 1987 a DAAD annual scholarship followed at St. Martin's School of Art in London , which was followed by a scholarship from the Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation . In 1988 he worked in his studio in Paris and received the 1st art prize from the city of Ulm . In 1989 he moved to a New York studio. In 1991 he received the Art Prize Young West '91 from the Kunsthalle Recklinghausen . Since 1993 he has lived and worked in Berlin again. In 2000 Mansen received a residency grant from the artist residence Chretzeturm , Stein am Rhein .
- 1982 Former Wendler weaving mill, Reutlingen
- 1983 Villa Eisenlohr, Reutlingen
- 1986 Wolfgang Wittrock Kunsthandel, Düsseldorf (catalog)
- 1988 Waddington Graphic's, London
- 1988 Reutlingen Town Hall (catalog)
- 1988 Gallery Pels-Leusden, Berlin
- 1992 Wolfgang Wittrock Kunsthandel, Düsseldorf
- 1993 Joan Pras Gallery, New York
- Gert Reising (ed.): Seven Karlsruhe residents in Berlin. Rolf Behm, Ricarda Fischer, Matthias Mansen, Gerhard Mantz, Ralf Scherer, Jutta Schwalbach, Renata Stih . Badischer Kunstverein, Karlsruhe 1986 (exhibition catalog)
- Literature by and about Matthias Mansen in the catalog of the German National Library
- Exhibition catalog (2000) Matthias Mansen | Ruth Tesmar »Symposion« (PDF-File 4 MB)
- Artist residency Chretzeturm scholarship holders 1999-2015. Retrieved October 5, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German printmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ravensburg|