Live and act
Pilz studied classical clarinet at the Conservatory in Luxembourg . He decided to play jazz and in 1968 became a member of Manfred Schoof's quintet (with Alexander von Schlippenbach , Buschi Niebergall and Mani Neumeier ). With this quintet, the German All Stars and the Globe Unity Orchestra he went on tour (Europe, Asia, South America) over the next few years. He also played in a trio with Peter Kowald and Paul Lovens and was a member of the Clarinet Contrast clarinet pool with Perry Robinson , Theo Jörgensmann , Bernd Konrad and Hans Kumpf from 1975 to 1977 .
Michel Pilz founded his own group in 1977 with Buschi Niebergall and the trumpeter Itaru Oki and was also a member of the new Manfred Schoof Quintet (with Jasper van't Hof , Günter Lenz and Ralf Hübner ). In recent years he has played in a trio with drummer Klaus Kugel and bassist Christian Ramond and in a quartet with Peter A. Schmid .
- Jamabiko (1983, with Itaru Oki, Buschi Niebergall, Muhammad Ali )
- Euro Quartet: Convergences (ADDA 1992, with Luciano Pagliarini, André Mergenthaler, François Méchali )
- Michel Pilz / Bob Degen : Tilly's Eyes ( JazzHausMusik 2011, with Markus Schieferdecker and Peter Perfido )
- Georg Ruby- Michel Pilz: Deuxième Bureau (JazzHausMusik, 2011)
- Ruby-Pilz- Weber & Brochier Rimbaud # 4 (JazzHausMusik 2015)
- Michel Pilz & Jean Noël Cognard: Ressuage (JazzHausMusik, 2016 - with Itaru Oki, Benjamin Duboc, Patrick Müller and Sébastian Rivas)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Luxembourgish jazz musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Neustadt an der Saale|