|Height :||314 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.35 km²|
|Residents :||107 (2018)|
|Population density :||20 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||May 1, 1978|
|Postal code :||97494|
|Area code :||09763|
House in Neuses
The church village is located in the north-western part of the district on the Baunach , which joins the Serrfelder Mühlbach east of Neuses. The district road HAS 39 to Stöckach and a community road to Bundorf run through the village. Schweinfurt is located about 30 kilometers to the southwest.
The place name means to the new seat, to the new settlement. The first mention was in 1244, when Ludwig von Raueneck handed over his property in "Nuseze" to the church in Würzburg. In 1303/1313 Theino and Karl von Lichtenstein were awarded the village of "Nuwsez". In 1364 Albert von Lichtenstein was given a fiefdom to "Nüsezse". In 1467 the Würzburg bishop Rudolf issued a feudal letter for the knight Fuchs von Schweinshaupten about the tithe to "Newses". In 1541 the place was described as "Neuses above Schweinshaubten".
In 1862 Neuses was incorporated into the newly created Bavarian district office of Königshofen . In 1871 there were 188 residents, all of whom were Catholic, and 44 residential buildings. In 1900 the rural community was assigned to the newly founded District Office Hofheim . The 535 hectare rural community had 184 residents, all of whom were Catholic, and 39 residential buildings. The responsible Catholic parish was in Bundorf, 4.0 kilometers away, and the Catholic denominational school was in town. In 1925 the place counted 201 people, 196 were Catholics and 5 Protestants, in 39 residential buildings.
In 1950 the church village had 268 residents and 36 residential buildings. In 1961 Neuses had 187 residents and 38 residential buildings. The village belonged to the Protestant parish Schweinshaupten. In 1970 there were 163 and 1987 111 inhabitants and 40 residential buildings with 42 apartments.
On July 1, 1972, as part of the regional reform, the Hofheim district was dissolved and Neuses became part of the Haßberg district. On May 1, 1978, the municipality was incorporated into Bundorf.
The Catholic Kuratiekirche Heiligkreuz was built in 1743 according to plans by Johann Georg Danzer and restored in 1898. The three-axis hall church has a facade tower with onion dome and lantern on the east side and opposite a retracted choir . The facade is structured with ashlar. A gable roof forms the upper end.
- Werner Schmiedel: Districts Ebern and Hofheim. In: Historical book of place names of Bavaria. Lower Franconia. Volume 2: Districts of Ebern and Hofheim. Commission for Bavarian State History, Munich 1973, ISBN 3-7696-9872-X , p. 89.
- Kgl. Statistical Bureau (ed.): Complete list of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria. According to districts, administrative districts, court districts and municipalities, including parish, school and post office affiliation ... with an alphabetical general register containing the population according to the results of the census of December 1, 1875 . Adolf Ackermann, Munich 1877, 2nd section (population figures from 1871, cattle figures from 1873), Sp. 1336 , urn : nbn: de: bvb: 12-bsb00052489-4 ( digitized version ).
- K. Bayer. Statistical Bureau (Ed.): Directory of localities of the Kingdom of Bavaria, with alphabetical register of places . LXV. Issue of the contributions to the statistics of the Kingdom of Bavaria. Munich 1904, Section II, Sp. 1334 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Localities directory for the Free State of Bavaria according to the census of June 16, 1925 and the territorial status of January 1, 1928 . Issue 109 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1928, Section II, Sp. 1369 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria - edited on the basis of the census of September 13, 1950 . Issue 169 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1952, DNB 453660975 , Section II, Sp. 1200 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official city directory for Bavaria, territorial status on October 1, 1964 with statistical information from the 1961 census . Issue 260 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1964, DNB 453660959 , Section II, Sp. 878 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Statistical Office (ed.): Official place directory for Bavaria . Issue 335 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich 1973, DNB 740801384 , p. 187 ( digitized version ).
- Bavarian State Office for Statistics and Data Processing (Ed.): Official local directory for Bavaria, territorial status: May 25, 1987 . Issue 450 of the articles on Bavaria's statistics. Munich November 1991, DNB 94240937X , p. 360 ( digitized version ).