Explanation of the data
Peaches (* 11. November 1966 in Toronto as Merrill Beth Nisker ) is a Canadian electroclash singer and music producer .
Nisker started her career in the band The Shit , a quartet that yelled at audiences with provocative and extremely suggestive slogans during their performances. At the same time she released her first album under her real name. Since 2000 she has been using the pseudonym Peaches , which is taken from a song by Nina Simone .
Her stage shows, a mixture of punk concert and sex show, are considered to be pioneering for the electroclash movement. The first album The Teaches of Peaches (2000) was released on the Berlin label Kitty-Yo .
She has created remixes for Daft Punk , The B-52s , Le Tigre and Basement Jaxx and has also recorded duets with artists such as Jean-Michel Jarre , Iggy Pop , Gonzales' , Pink and Emigrate . Her song Fuck the Pain Away was used in Invisible Eyes , Lost in Translation , Jackass: Number Two , Drive Angry 3D and the film adaptation of Wetlands and the clothing manufacturer GAP used Do ya for an advertising campaign in the fall of 2006. Her song Boys Wanna Be Her von The album Impeach My Bush is also the run-in music of the first Hamburg roller derby team, the Harbor Girls Hamburg .
Peaches is also a PETA sympathizer and volunteered for a poster titled Canada's Club Scene sucks to crack down on the killing of baby seals in Canada. The poster plays with the double meaning of club , which, in addition to the venue, also describes the club that is used in the seal hunt .
Since 2007 Peaches has performed with the Berlin rock band Sweet Machine as a backing band. In 2009, Peaches and Sweet Machine toured as part of the Peaches World Tour, which followed the release of Peaches' album I Feel Cream .
In 2009 the reinterpretation of the album The Dark Side of the Moon ( Pink Floyd ) by the Flaming Lips was released , on which Henry Rollins and Stardeath & White Dwarfs also played alongside Peaches .
In 2010 Peaches staged the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar as a one-woman show under the title Peaches Christ Superstar in the Hebbel am Ufer Theater Berlin and has since worked in the field of theater and performance art. She played and sang all the roles herself and was only accompanied by Chilly Gonzales on the piano.
In September 2016, Peaches was awarded the Pop Culture Prize in the Favorite Female Solo Artist category. In 2016 she was a supporter for the three Rammstein concerts on the Waldbühne in Berlin .
In a staging of Kurt Weill's satirical "Ballet with Singing" The Seven Deadly Sins / Seven Heavenly Sins at the Württemberg State Theater in Stuttgart, Peaches will be co-director and one of the leading actresses in 2019. Director Anne-Sophie Mahler involved the pop artist, who had actually aspired to a career as a theater director before her pop star career. The production, on which opera, ballet and drama cooperate, premiered on February 2, 2019.
In 2020 she was awarded the BZ Culture Prize. She currently lives and produces in Berlin .
- 1995: Fancypants Hoodlum (as Merrill Nisker)
- 2000: The Teaches of Peaches
- 2002: The Teaches of Peaches: Expanded (re-release with bonus CD)
- 2003: Fatherfucker
- 2006: Impeach My Bush
- 2009: I Feel Cream
- 2015: Rub
Singles / EPs
- 2000: Lovertits
- 2000: Peaches EP
- 2001, 2002: Set It Off
- 2003: Rock Show
- 2003: Operate
- 2004: Kick It
- 2006: Downtown
- 2006: Boys Wanna Be Her
- 2009: Talk To Me / More
- 2012: Burst!
- Official website
- "Liberation" ( Memento from January 27, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) - Interview with Peaches in the magazine U_mag (May 2009)
- ↑ Charts DE Charts AT Charts CH Charts UK Charts Albums US
- ↑ Article in the evening paper ( Memento of the original from April 1, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. October 20, 2009
- ↑ Rasante Hafenmädels - Mittendrin (accessed on March 21, 2013)
- ↑ Harbor Girls website , promo video (accessed February 19, 2013)
- ^ Harbor Girls vs. Stockholm , video recording of the entry (accessed February 20, 2014)
- ↑ Kultiversum article about "Peaches Christ Superstar"
- ^ "Deadly Sins" premiere: Singer Peaches staged by Brecht , FAZ, published and accessed February 2, 2019
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Nisker, Merrill Beth (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Canadian electroclash singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 11, 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Toronto|