|description||Booklets for contemporary literature|
|Area of Expertise||literature|
|publishing company||perspective - literature|
|Frequency of publication||every six months|
|Sold edition||1000 copies|
|Editor-in-chief||Ralf B. Korte, Silvia Stecher|
|editor||literary group perspective: Silvia Stecher|
perspektiven was founded in 1977 by Alfred Ledersteger in Bad Ischl as a school literature newspaper. In the course of the editor's subsequent chemistry studies, perspektiven moved to Graz , where with the help of the ambitious Graz co-editors Edi Falk and Gerald Ganglbauer , the first professionally designed, printed and stapled issues 8 to 10 were transformed from a literary magazine for young authors into booklets for young people in 1982 , contemporary literature .
In the 1980s, the young student newspaper became a project that initially had as many concepts as editors: forty within ten issues. Texts from and about the squatters scene in Graz stood next to dedication postcards by Erich Fried . Sometimes the magazine was filled with the spirit of feminist liberation theories, then again a pacifist tone dominated.
At the beginning of the 1990s, the perspektiven editorial team was taken over by Ralf B. Korte , Helmut Schranz , Robert Steinle and Sylvia Egger . This led to a departure from the previous heterogeneous magazine line and perspektiven became a serious and professionally run literary magazine. Since then, the literary magazine has been dealing with the avant-garde paradigms of the modern age: It focuses the literary field in a way that is critical of the business.
One of the most sensational activities of the perspective is an intervention at the Avantgarde symposium - extinguish or improve? at Akademie Schloss Solitude in February 1999. At this symposium, to which the editor and literary scholar Thomas Eder invited, the shelter performance group stormed the podium with toy guns, replicas of the Parabellum , read out a manifesto and distributed leaflets.
The content of the magazine consists mainly of German-language literature. perspective deals with the development of a literary term that is fed by the classic avant-garde and neo-avant-garde. Here "[she] deals - contemporary - with the avant-garde theme, is neither a 'museum attendant' for historical nor a ' bay watch or coast guard' for neo-avant-garde movements" "
In German-language literature, perspektiven [represents] a "unique magazine. The self-understanding of the perspective -Herausgeber targets distinction both in terms of the mainstream of the literature business and in terms of advanced literary part discourses such. B. those of the so-called experimental literature "
Excerpt from writers and authors who publish or have published in perspective :
- Thomas Antonic
- Wolfgang Bauer
- Markus Berger
- Safiye Can
- Sylvia Egger
- Anke Finger
- Erich Fried
- Petra Ganglbauer
- Guy Helminger
- Max Höfler
- D. Holland-Moritz
- Christine Huber
- Hadayatullah Pretty
- Norbert Hummelt
- Urs Jaeggi
- Use Kilic
- Ralf B. Korte
- Margret Kreidl
- Alfred Ledersteger
- Mike Markart
- Friederike Mayröcker
- Florian Neuner
- Martin Ohrt
- Hans Christian Petersen
- Ronald Pohl
- Sophie Reyer
- Kathrin Röggla
- Clemens Schittko
- Ulrich Schlotmann
- Stefan Schmitzer
- Helmut Schranz
- Werner Schwaiger
- Dieter Sperl
- Silvia Stecher
- Gerhild Steinbuch
- Robert Steinle
- Enno Stahl
- Ulf Stolterfoht
- Uwe Warnke
- Ralf B. Korte, Paul Pechmann, Helmut Schranz (eds.): Perspective review after 49 numbers. concepts for a contemporary literature . Special number, Vienna 2006, ISBN 3-85449-250-2 .
- Helmut Schranz: Avantgarde base camp: perspective - booklets for contemporary literature. Paradigm shift in the group, magazine, reading series 1977–1999 . Diploma thesis, Graz 2005.
- Sandra Uschtrin and Heribert Hinrichs (eds.): Handbook for authors . 8th edition. Uschtrin Verlag, Inning am Ammersee 2015, ISBN 978-3-932522-16-1 , p. 293 .
- Paul Pechmann: The magazine perspektiven in the Austrian literature business. In: reveu after forty-nine numbers perspective. Vienna: special number, 2006. p. 12.
- perspective, since 1977 . In: Austrian literary magazines 1945–1990 , Austrian National Library online.
- For a complete list of the editorial staff from 1977 to 2004 cf. Helmut Schranz: Avantgarde base camp. P. 90.
- For the history of perspective cf. Helmut Schranz: Avantgarde base camp. Graz, 2005. As well as: Helmut Schranz: when the ischler moved out… In: reveu after forty-nine numbers perspective. concepts for a contemporary literature. Vienna: special number, 2006. pp. 41–54.
- http://www.dradio.de/dkultur/sendung/thema/426044/ For the history cf. Article about perspektiven on the Deutschlandradiohomepage
- http://www.perspektiven.at/wp-content/uploads/hefte/p37.pdf perspektiven , Graz, Berlin: Heft 37, 1999. pp. 5-43.
- solitude action , In: revue after forty-nine numbers perspective. concepts for a contemporary literature. Vienna: special number, 2006. pp. 177–211.
- Self-description quoted from Helmut Schranz: Avantgarde base camp. P. 12.
- Paul Pechmann: The magazine perspektiven in the Austrian literature business. In: revue after forty-nine numbers perspective. concepts for a contemporary literature. Vienna: special number, 2006. pp. 11–20. Here: p. 12.
- For the complete list cf. Helmut Schranz: Avantgarde base camp. Pp. 64-75.