Richard Alan Beirach (born May 23, 1947 in Brooklyn ) is an American jazz pianist and composer .
Live and act
Beirach received classical piano training from James Palmieri . From 1967 to 1968 he studied at Berklee College of Music in Boston with Margaret Chaloff and Charlie Mariano , followed by composition studies with Ludmila Ulehla at the Manhattan School Of Music in New York until 1972 .
He became a member of Stan Getz's band , along with Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette . 1973 to 1976 he was part of Dave Liebman's band Lookout Farm . In 1976 his first album appeared as band leader Eon with Eliot Zigmund and Frank Tusa , and in 1977 his first solo album Hubris . He also worked as a sideman and on tours with John Abercrombie , George Adams , Chet Baker , Jeremy Steig and John Scofield .
From 1981 to 1991 he was a member of the 2006 revived band Quest (with drummers Billy Hart , later Al Foster , and bassist George Mraz , later Ron McClure ), with whom he recorded six albums. In addition, he continued to work as a soloist and in a duo with Dave Liebman. In the early 1990s he appeared with the Ron McClure Trio, in a trio with Dave Liebman and Jack DeJohnette and as a sideman of trombonist Conrad Herwig . Since the mid-1990s, he has mainly worked in two trio line-ups: with George Mraz and Billy Hart and with Gregor Huebner and Veit Huebner or George Mraz. He also performed frequently with the Konstanz drummer Patrick Manzecchi . Together with Regina Litvinova and Christian Scheuber , he formed the New Richie Beirach Trio in 2016 .
From 2000 to 2014 Beirach taught jazz piano as professor at the University of Music in Leipzig .
- Richard Beirach / Jeremy Steig Leaving ( Storyville , 1976)
- Hubris ( ECM , 1977) solo
- Breathing of Statues ( CMP 1983) solo
- Convergence (Triloka, 1990) duo with George Coleman
- Too Grand (Steeplechase, 1992) Duo with Andy LaVerne
- Maybeck Recital Hall Series: Volume 19 ( Concord Jazz , 1992) solo
- Round About Bartók (ACT, 1999) with Gregor Hübner , George Mraz
- Round About Federico Mompou (ACT, 2001) with Gregor Hübner, George Mraz
- Impressions of Tokyo (Outnote 2011)
- Laurie Antonioli / Richie Beirach Varuna (Origin 2015)
- Witzel / Beirach / Scheuber / Oetz live (Jazzsick Records 2020)
- ↑ Jazz great Richie Beirach now lives in the Palatinate Mannheimer Morgen from March 8, 2015
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Beirach, Richard Alan|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American jazz pianist and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 23, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brooklyn , New York City, USA|