Live and act
Oetz, who has been active in the Cologne music scene in band projects such as The Streetfighters with Bruno Leicht and Zabriskie Point with Rupert Stamm since the 1990s , studied with Dieter Manderscheid and Bill Dobbins at the Cologne University of Music . In 2000 he received a DAAD scholarship to study with Bertram Turetzky and George Lewis at the University of California, San Diego . He played there in the experimental ensemble Trummerflora Collective and in the Cross Border Trio around the saxophonist Jason Robinson . After his debut album The Loonators , he presented the live album Vieles Ist Eins in 2002 ; it contains concert recordings from 1998 to 2001, in which Oetz played as a soloist and in duos with Greg Stuart , Andreas Wagner and Barre Phillips .
From 2003 Oetz lived in Lima , where he recorded and performed 2 CDs with his own band projects, worked as a sideman with artists such as Susana Baca, Cecilia Bracamonte or the trumpeter Gabriel Alegria and a. a. taught at the University of PUCP . After his return to Cologne in 2011, he worked on the project “3 im red circle”, a trio with Reiner Witzel and Christian Scheuber (drums), dedicated to the film aesthetics of the 1960s, with Frederik Köster's Metamorphosis - with Sebastian Sternal and Jonas Burgwinkel , also Norbert Stein's Pata on the Cadillac , the Clemens Orth Trio, the double bass ensemble Manderscheid / Gramss / Oetz / Landfermann , with the trumpeter Ryan Carniaux and many more. In his project Perfektomat , which translates the complex overlays of Afro-Peruvian rhythms such as the Landó or the Festejo into contemporary improvisation music, he works with Laura Robles, Niels Klein , Simon Nabatov and Bodek Janke .
- The Loonators (2000), with Niels Klein, Nils Tegen and Christian Thomé
- Much is One (Accretions Records, 2002), with Barre Phillips, Andreas Wagner and Greg Stuart
- Urbanico (Cernicalo Records, 2007), with Laura Robles, Diego Salvador, Noel Marambio, Abel Garcia, Juan Daniel Pastor, Rafael Miranda and Gonzalo Polar
- Independencia (Round Whirled Records, 2010), with Niels Klein, Nils Tegen, Laura Robles, Diego Salvador, Steve Cournane, Pedro Mo, Miguel Idelfonso
- Perfectomat (Klaeng, 2014), with Niels Klein, Simon Nabotov, Laura Robles, Bodek Janke
- Urban Cycles (Klaeng, 2017), Theresia Philipp , Niels Klein, Leonhard Huhn , Elisabeth Coudoux , Laura Robles, Zuzana Leharová , Nils Tegen, Danny Schröteler
- Witzel / Beirach / Scheuber / Oetz live (Jazzsick Records 2020)
- Wolfy Becker: Joscha Oetz - German Jazz virtuoso with Afro-Peruvian touch ( Memento of the original from September 27, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Information from Jazzsick Records ( memento of the original from October 1, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Discussion Much is one
- Discussion of the perfect machine
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German jazz musician (double bass, electric bass, sampling) and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|