Live and act
Landfermann received classical guitar lessons from the age of seven. In 1998 he switched from the electric bass to the double bass, on which he was taught by Gunnar Plümer in Bonn. From 2002 to 2009 he studied with Dieter Manderscheid at the Cologne University of Music . Between 2002 and 2004 he belonged to the JugendJazzOrchester NRW and from 2003 to 2005 to the Bundesjazzorchester under the direction of Peter Herbolzheimer . In 2008 he was a member of the European Youth Jazz Orchestra of the EBU . He also took lessons and completed workshops with musicians such as Mark Dresser and Mike Richmond.
He has worked on club and festival concerts and CD releases with musicians such as John Scofield , Lee Konitz , Charlie Mariano , Barre Philipps , John Taylor , John Hollenbeck , Joachim Kühn , Chris Potter , Lenine, Tomasz Stanko , Django Bates and Dave Liebman . In 2006 he founded the trio The Friendly Takeover with Jonas Burgwinkel and Niels Klein , his first band as leader. Since 2006 he has been part of Pablo Held's trio ; he was also a member of Matthias Schriefl's Shreefpunk , with whom he also curated the jazz-o-rama series at the Arttheater in Cologne . Since 2008 he has presented the concert series “Not without Robert” in the Cologne Loft , in which he appears with various musicians. The theme of the series is improvised music with interesting personalities from German jazz who had never played together like this before.
Concert tours have taken him to over 50 countries on all continents. Together with Frederik Köster , Pablo Held, Jonas Burgwinkel, Tobias Hoffmann and Sebastian Gille , he is part of the Cologne jazz collective KLAENG , which organizes concerts and festivals and operates the KLAENGrecords label.
Prizes and awards
With Jonas Burgwinkel he received the WDR Jazz Prize for Improvisation in 2009 . In the same year he received the jazz scholarship from the Cologne Horst and Gretl Will Foundation . In 2009 he won the New German Jazz Prize with Frederik Köster's quartet . In 2013 he received the NRW-Förderpreis together with Pablo Held and Jonas Burgwinkel, and in 2014 the SWR Jazz Prize with the Pablo Held Trio .
- Deujazz Buy yourself a colorful balloon (2007, with Anette von Eichel , Matthias Schriefl and Jonas Burgwinkel)
- Not Without Robert Vol. 1 (2008, JazzHausMusik , with Rudi Mahall , Simon Nabatov , Christian Lillinger )
- Null (2009, JazzHausMusik, solo)
- Achim Kaufmann , Christian Lillinger, Robert Landfermann: Grünen (2010, Clean Feed Records )
- Benjamin Schaefer : Leaves Like Snow (2012, Double Moon ), with Marcus Rieck
- Tiefgang (2013, KLAENG; with David Schütte, Holger Werner , Tobias Christl, Niels Klein, Tobias Hoffmann, Sebastian Gille , Dieter Manderscheid)
- Greens: Achim Kaufmann / Robert Landfermann / Christian Lillinger: Pith and Twig (Clean Feed, 2014)
- Emissatett: qui-pro-quo-dis (Schraum, 2015), with Elisabeth Fügemann , Matthias Muche , Philip Zoubek, Etienne Nillesen
- Robert Landfermann Quintet: Night Will Fall ( Pirouet , 2015), with Sebastian Gille, Christian Weidner , Elias Stemeseder and Jim Black
- Simon Seidl Trio Miradouro (Klaeng Records 2016)
- Robert Landfermann Quintet: Brief (Pirouet, 2018), with Sebastian Gille, Christian Weidner, Elias Stemeseder and Jim Black
- Christian Lillinger Open Form For Society (Plaist 2019) with Frans Petter Eldh , Roland Neffe , Christopher Dell , Kaja Draksler , Elias Stemeseder, Antonis Anissegos and Lucy Railton.
- Homepage of Robert Landfermann
- Entry (Musikhochschule Mannheim)
- Portrait (Deutschlandradio)
- Portrait (Bujazzo)
- Robert Landfermann at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German double bass player and composer of creative jazz|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 28, 1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Upper winter|