Sabine Scholl (born March 28, 1959 in Grieskirchen , Upper Austria ) is an Austrian writer .
Sabine Scholl studied German , history and theater studies at the University of Vienna from 1978 to 1987 . In 1987 she received her doctorate with a thesis on Unica Zürn . From 1988 to 1990 she was a lecturer at the University of Aveiro in Portugal . She has been a freelance writer since 1990; As an author, she took part in the Ingeborg Bachmann Competition in Klagenfurt in 1992 and as a member of the jury in 1996. She took up teaching positions at various universities; from 1996 to 2000 she lived in Chicago , from 2000 to 2001 in New York and 2003/04 in Nagoya / Japan . Since 2001 she has mainly taught literary writing at various universities. a. at the German Literature Institute in Leipzig and at the Berlin University of the Arts . From 2009 to 2012 she was professor for language art at the University of Applied Arts Vienna . Today she is based in Berlin .
Scholl writes novels , essays , poems , plays and radio plays . With the author Lydia Mischkulnig she wrote the five-volume work Bohemian Bible . The composer Renald Deppe set a libretto by her to music . She is working on several projects with the Mexican-Austrian composer Angélica Castelló .
Scholl was a member of the jury for the International Literature Prize of the House of World Cultures from 2015 to 2017 .
Scholl is a member of the Graz Authors' Assembly and the PEN Center Germany .
- 1990: Paula von Preradović Prize
- 1991: Literature Promotion Prize of the City of Vienna
- 1992: Rauris Literature Prize
- 1992: Theodor Körner Prize
- 1995: Austrian Prize for Literature
- 1996: Scholarship from the Akademie Schloss Solitude Foundation
- 2000: Adalbert Stifter grant from the Province of Upper Austria
- 2006: Elias Canetti Scholarship from the City of Vienna
- 2010: George Saiko Travel Grant
- 2011: Prize from the Upper Austrian Chamber of Commerce
- 2018: Anton Wildgans Prize
- 2019: Culture Prize of the State of Upper Austria for Literature
- Mistakes, traps, art. For perception and re / production at Unica Zürn (= Athenäums Monografien Literaturwissenschaft . Volume 97 ). Hain, Frankfurt am Main 1990, ISBN 3-445-08947-7 .
- Fat roses. Narratives . Gatza, Berlin 1991, ISBN 3-928262-30-0 .
- Skin to skin . Gatza, Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-928262-33-5 .
- Well in the picture . Ritter, Klagenfurt 1994, ISBN 3-85415-136-5 .
- How do I get there? (= Essay . Volume 23 ). Literaturverlag Droschl, Graz, Vienna 1994, ISBN 3-85420-374-8 .
- All of their bodies. Two stories . Ritter, Klagenfurt, Vienna 1996, ISBN 3-85415-199-3 .
- The world as a foreign country. On literature between cultures . Special number, Vienna 1999, ISBN 3-85449-147-6 .
- The secret records of Marina. Novel . Berlin-Verlag, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-8270-0366-0 .
- Longing for Manhattan. Literary forays through New York . Artemis and Winkler, Düsseldorf, Zurich 2004, ISBN 3-538-07174-8 .
- Lisbon impressions . Artemis and Winkler, Düsseldorf, Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-538-07210-8 .
- Speechless in Japan. Notes on the global soul . Special number, Vienna 2006, ISBN 3-85449-257-X .
- Poisonous clothes. Novel . Deuticke, Vienna 2010, ISBN 978-3-552-06117-0 .
- Deadly tulips. Novel . Deuticke, Vienna 2011, ISBN 978-3-552-06159-0 .
- We are the fruits of anger. Novel . Secession, Zurich 2013, ISBN 978-3-905951-21-9 .
- Not very tight. On local displacements and post-literatures . Special number, Vienna 2015, ISBN 978-3-85449-431-7 .
- The vixen speaks. Novel . Secession, Zurich 2016, ISBN 978-3-905951-81-3 .
- The law of the jungle. Novel . Secession, Zurich 2018, ISBN 978-3-906910-29-1 .
- Invented homes. Essays . Special number, Vienna 2019, ISBN 978-3-85449-527-7 .
- O. Secession, Zurich 2020, ISBN 978-3-96639-022-4 .
- Literature by and about Sabine Scholl in the catalog of the German National Library
- Sabine Scholl , website
- Sabine Scholl , at the Graz authors' meeting
- Short biography and information on the work of Sabine Scholl at Literaturport
- Sabine Scholl , at literaturhaus.at
- The hereditary debt of women , Zeit online, May 23, 2013
- Deutschlandfunk nuances. Music and questions about the person from May 5, 2019
- ↑ Author Sabine Scholl receives Anton Wildgans Prize 2018 ( Memento from March 29, 2018 in the Internet Archive ). Article dated March 29, 2018, accessed March 29, 2018.
- ↑ Anna Mitgutsch receives the Adalbert Stifter Prize from the Province of Upper Austria . State correspondence No. 204 of October 22, 2019, accessed on November 25, 2019.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 28, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Grieskirchen , Upper Austria|