Youth and education
Sylvia Rothblum comes from a Jewish family of emigrants from Hungary . She grew up in Brazil , Israel and Austria. In 1978 she graduated from Nanjing University with a degree in Sinology . In 1981 she completed her studies at the University of Vienna and the University of Milan with a doctorate in English .
Rothblum worked from 1988 to 1993 as International Sales Director at the Kirch Group . She then spent three years as Program Director and Head of Purchasing at Nickelodeon Germany . From 1995 she was also a member of the management there .
From 1997 to 2001 Rothblum worked for EM.TV & Merchandising AG, first as head of the program and co-production department before she was appointed to the board and was responsible for the entire production area of the group. She was also on the board of directors of the Jim Henson Company and Yoram-Gross Studios in Australia . During this time she was responsible for the production of numerous animation series , such as B. Tabaluga , Flipper , Regenbogenfisch and Norman Normal , which were also marketed internationally.
She served on the board of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences .
Rothblum published her experiences as a manager and mother in the book “Mothers Are Better Managers”, which was written together with Petra Preis. As a coach, she also supports women in their professional careers and is a visiting lecturer at the Macromedia University for Media and Communication in Munich.
- Don't just retell the classics. In: Televizion 13/2000/1, p. 6f.
- Mothers are better managers. Munich: Mosaik Verlag, 2002 (together with Petra Preis) ISBN 3-576-11642-7
- The new media. Opportunities and challenges for traditional license trading. In: Michael Hülsmann, Jörn Grapp (Hrsg.): Strategic management for film and television productions. Munich: Oldenbourg 2009 pp. 9-19 ISBN 978-3-486-58545-2
- Business leader in portrait. Part 7 (audio CD). Frankfurt / M. & New York: Campus Verlag, 2006 ISBN 978-3-593-38078-0
- Sylvia Rothblum on Kress. The media service (accessed April 29, 2011)
- Sylvia Rothblum on mediabiz.de (accessed April 29, 2011)
- Hans-P. Siebenhaar: Eight languages, two children, a tough job. In: Handelsblatt v. June 7, 2005.
- Referentenvita der Medientage München ( Memento of the original from December 6, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on medientage.de (accessed April 15, 2011).
- Press release from June 8, 2007 on presseportal.ch (accessed on April 15, 2011).
- Sylvia Rothblum joins the EM-TV board , press release v. March 2, 2000 from horizont.net (accessed April 15, 2011).
- Regina Ziegler joins the Emmy Board at blickpunktfilm.de from January 12, 2004 (accessed April 29, 2011)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian media manager, film and television producer and book author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 11, 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Montevideo , Uruguay|