Topper temporarily studied art history at the University of Fine Arts in Berlin and Islamic studies at the University of the Punjab in Lahore . He then lived as a freelance artist and writer in South Asia and North Africa . He currently lives in Berlin .
Topper has made numerous scientific contributions to Spanish institutions. He has also published in German specialist journals. As early as 1975 in the Zeitschrift für Ethnologie - often in Almogaren at the Institutum Canarium - he also wrote several academic books on ethnology for Diederichs Verlag. His main research areas of chronological criticism and catastrophism are reflected in lectures, articles and books.
In 1977 Topper located in The Legacy of Giants. Fall and return of the Atlanteans the capital of Atlantis in the area of the southern Spanish city of Cádiz , whereby he based his model on the corresponding dates of Plato - a chronological idea that he later rejected.
From the 1960s onwards, Topper developed his own thoughts about the possibly incorrect chronology . Heribert Illig's thesis of the “ invented Middle Ages ”, in the elaboration of which he was temporarily involved, soon seemed to him to be too short-reaching. Topper assumes several devastating worldwide disasters ( cataclysms ) that influenced the cultural development of mankind and had a decisive effect on the formation of religions . He believes that evidence of this can be found in landscape features and geology , in archaeological excavations and in the traditions of various peoples. Encouraged by Wilhelm Kammeier , he sees most of the written sources, which prescribe a date of origin before 1500, as doubtful, as subsequently falsified, backdated or newly created in the context of a mainly church-controlled “Great Action”.
Topper's theses critical of chronology are rejected by academic scholars. Since the late 1990s, Topper has published some books in new right and right-wing extremist publishers such as Herbig and Grabert . In 2003, Topper claimed in the neo-pagan magazine "HAGAL - Die Allumfassende", published by the new right Dresden publishing house Zeitwende , that the Nebra sky disk was a forgery. In 2006 another book by him was published by Grabert-Verlag and in 2007 he published an article on chronological criticism in the magazine Trojaburg, which was published by right-wing extremist Forsite-Verlag. Topper rejects any close links to political right-wing extremism.
Topper also wrote a book on geomancy and wrote a critical essay on Hanns Hörbiger's theory of world ice . Like numerous other chronology critics, Topper doubts in his publications the established image of geological history and Darwin's theory of evolution.
- The legacy of the giants. Fall and return of the Atlanteans . Walter Verlag , Olten / Freiburg 1977, ISBN 3-530-88100-7 .
- Berber fairy tales . Eugen Diederichs Verlag , Cologne 1986, ISBN 3-424-00881-8 .
- Rebirth. The knowledge of the peoples . Rowohlt , Hamburg 1988, ISBN 3-499-18430-3 .
- Earth survey. Instructions for geomancy . Droemer Knaur , Munich 1988, ISBN 3-426-04189-8 .
- Arte Rupestre in the Provincia de Cádiz . Cadiz Provincial Administration, Spain 1988.
- Sufis and saints in the Maghreb. Moroccan mysticism . Eugen Diederichs Verlag, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-424-01023-5 .
- The last book. The meaning of the revelation of John . Hugendubel , Munich 1993, ISBN 3-88034-649-6 .
- Cuentos populares de los Bereberes . Miraguano, Madrid 1993.
- The big action. Europe's made-up story . Grabert-Verlag , Tübingen 1998, ISBN 3-87847-172-6 .
- Falsifications of history. From Persephone to Newton's calendar . Herbig, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-7766-2244-X .
- Invented story. Our calendar is wrong . 2nd Edition. Herbig, Munich 2003, ISBN 3-7766-2085-4 .
- Time forgery. It started in the Renaissance . Herbig, Munich 2003, ISBN 3-7766-2348-9 .
- Horra. The first Europeans. The emergence of the metal age from a new perspective . Grabert-Verlag, Tübingen 2003, ISBN 3-87847-202-1 .
- Calendar jump. History as utopia . Grabert-Verlag, Tübingen 2006, ISBN 3-87847-232-3 .
- Rebirth. The knowledge of the peoples. , modified new edition Hohenrain-Verlag , Tübingen 2008, ISBN 978-3-89180-081-2 .
- Literature by and about Uwe Topper in the catalog of the German National Library
- Chronology review - Homepage of Uwe and Ilya Topper (German, English, French, Spanish)
- Invitation to the 16th Berlin History Salon ( Memento from November 19, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Reason for the separation of the Berlin History Salon and Illigs from Topper because of his choice of Grabert-Verlag and his (controversial) plagiarism of Illig's theory of the early, invented Middle Ages
- IC Almogaren
- Grave stelae in Kohistan (Northern Pakistan). In: Munich contributions to ethnology. ( Memento of July 28, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Volume 6, 2000, ISBN 3-927270-36-9 .
- See: Uwe Topper: The Chronicle of Atlantis. at: atlantisforschung.de (accessed June 24, 2012)
- See: Uwe Topper: A Chronology for Atlantis? at: atlantisforschung.de , Sept. 2009 (accessed June 24, 2012)
- Berliner Geschichtssalon ( Memento from November 19, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- Constitutional Protection 2006 ( Memento of February 10, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Forsite Publishing
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German contemporary representative of the criticism of chronology|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wroclaw|