|VS is the abbreviation for the canton of Valais in Switzerland and is used to avoid confusion with other entries of the name Vex .|
|Canton :||Valais (VS)|
|BFS no. :||6089|
|Postal code :||1981|
|Coordinates :||596 931 / 117926|
|Height :||939 m above sea level M.|
|Height range :||511–2466 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||13.05 km²|
|Residents:||1811 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||139 inhabitants per km²|
Vex by night
|Location of the municipality|
Vex (German [obsolete] Vesch ) is a municipality , a civic community and the main town in the district Hérens of the French-speaking canton of Valais in Switzerland .
Vex lies on the western side of the Dixence valley , a tributary of the Borgne , which flows into the Rhone from the south . The municipality consists of the districts of Vex, Les Collons, Les Prasses, Thyon and Ypresses. Neighboring communities of Vex are the canton capital Sion in the north, Mont-Noble in the east, Saint-Martin in the south-east, Hérémence in the south, Nendaz in the south-west and Les Agettes in the west .
The main road 206 connects Sion with the Val d'Hérens , it leads past Vex. Vex is on the Sion – Vex– Evolène - Les Haudères post bus line . The Theytaz Excursions Sion TSD connects Sitten and Vex with Dixence , Mâche and Thyon 2000 .
A little outside the village, by the cemetery, is the Saint-Sylve church, founded in the 12th or 13th century . The nave and the bell tower are partly Romanesque. The square choir was rebuilt in 1498.
There are some chalets with decorated facades in the village .
- Catherine Raemy-Berthod: Vex. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . 2013 .
- Vex VS on the ETHorama platform
- Official website of the municipality of Vex
- ↑ Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .
- ↑ Schweizer Kursbuch: 12.381 , 2015/16, accessed on October 26, 2015
- ↑ Swiss course book: 12.373 , 2015/16, accessed on October 26, 2015
- ↑ Swiss course book: 12.372 , 2015/16, accessed on October 26, 2015
- ↑ Swiss course book: 12.371 , 2015/16, accessed on October 26, 2015