|Canton :||Valais (VS)|
|BFS no. :||6082|
|Postal code :||1966|
|Coordinates :||597 513 / 125151|
|Height :||967 m above sea level M.|
|Height range :||506–3248 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||55.27 km²|
|Residents:||4058 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||73 inhabitants per km²|
Anzère, municipality of Ayent
|Location of the municipality|
Ayent is a political municipality and a civil parish in the district of Hérens in the French-speaking part of the canton of Valais in Switzerland . The municipality consists of the settlements Botyre , Luc , Saxonne , La Place , Blignou , Fortunau , Saint-Romain , Signèse , Villa , Argnou , La Maya and the holiday village Anzère, which was built in the 1960s and 1970s on a sunny plateau at 1,500 meters above sea level .
Ayent is on the right bank of the Rhône, separated from the rest of the district. In the north, the municipality extends to the Wildhorn . The Wildhorn Glacier, located south of the Wildhorn, is largely in the area of the municipality. The Lac de Tseuzier reservoir is located in the northeast of the municipality .
The neighboring communities of Ayent are Lenk ( BE ) in the north, Icogne in the east, Saint-Léonard in the south-east, the canton capital Sion in the south, Grimisuat in the south-west, Arbaz in the west, Savièse in the north-west and Lauenen ( BE ) in the north-north-west .
- Christian Constantin (* 1957), entrepreneur, architect and sports official
- Danielle Allet-Zwissig: Ayent. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . 2011 .
- Ayent on the ETHorama platform
- Official website of the Ayent Municipality
- ↑ Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .