Werner Schubert (philologist)
From 1973 to 1983 he studied classical philology and German in Heidelberg , where he passed the first state examination ( Latin and German) in 1978/1979 . In the winter semester 1979/1980 and summer semester 1980 he managed a research assistant position at the German department of the University of Heidelberg with Peter Michelsen . As a doctoral scholarship holder in 1980/1981 from the Cusanuswerk , he was a research assistant at the Department of Classical Philology at the University of Heidelberg from 1981 to 1986 (Chair Hubert Petersmann ). After completing his doctorate in 1983 (Latin, Greek and German studies), he was a DFG habilitation fellow from 1986 to 1988 . After his habilitation in 1988 (Classical Philology), he represented Michael von Albrechts in Heidelberg in the summer semester of 1988 and winter semester of 1988/1989 . From 1989 to 1996 he was a university lecturer in Heidelberg. He was on leave in the summer semester 1990 and winter semester 1990/1991 for the substitute chair in Saarbrücken (chair Peter Steinmetz ). In the winter semester 1991/1992, winter semester 1992/1993 and winter semester 1993/1994 he represented the chair of Glenn W. Mosts on a teaching basis in Innsbruck . In the 1993/1994 winter semester, he was on leave to replace Michael von Albrechts in Heidelberg.
In the winter semester 1994/1995 he had a four-hour teaching assignment in Saarbrücken. From 1996 to 2003 he represented Christoph Schäublin's chair in Bern . From 2003 to 2004 he represented Fritz-Heiner Mutschler's chair in Dresden , where he had a teaching position in the 2004/2005 winter semester. From 2006 to 2012 he was a research assistant at the Année philologique office . Since 2008 he has been a member of the editorial board of the Sborník prací filozofické fakulty brněnské univerzity, Rada N (anthology of the works of the Philosophical Faculty of Brno University, series N). Since 2012 he has been a freelancer for Ernst Klett Verlag Stuttgart . Since 2013 he has been a research assistant at the branch of the Année Philologique Munich on behalf of the Société Internationale de Bibliographie Classique. Since 2015 he has also been working on the Rédaction française de L'Année philologique at the University of Lille III .
His main research interests are Latin literature from the imperial era, comparative literature and the reception of antiquity in modern music.
- Jupiter in the epics of the Flavier period (= Studies in Classical Philology. Volume 8). Lang, Bern et al. 1984, ISBN 3-8204-5403-9 (also dissertation, Heidelberg 1983).
- as editor with Michael von Albrecht: Music in antiquity and modern times (= sources and studies on music history from antiquity to the present. Volume 1). Lang, Bern et al. 1987, ISBN 3-8204-8272-5 .
- as editor: Georg von Albrecht: Complete Edition, Volume 3: Choral works and larger vocal works with a facsimile of the "Liedes der Lieder" (= sources and studies on music history from antiquity to the present. Volume 10). Lang, Bern et al. 1988, ISBN 3-8204-9929-6 .
- as editor with Michael von Albrecht: Music and Poetry. New research contributions. Dedicated to Viktor Pöschl on the occasion of his 80th birthday (= sources and studies on music history from antiquity to the present day. Volume 23). Lang, Bern et al. 1990, ISBN 3-631-41858-2 .
- The mythology in the non-mythological poems of Ovid (= Studies on Classical Philology. Volume 66). Lang, Bern et al. 1992, ISBN 3-631-44166-5 (also habilitation thesis, Heidelberg 1988).
- as editor: Ovid. Work and effect. Ceremony for Michael von Albrecht on his 65th birthday (= Studies in Classical Philology. Volume 100). Lang, Bern et al. 1999, ISBN 3-631-49607-9 .
- as editor with Angela Hornung and Christian Jäkel: Studia humanitatis ac litterarum trifolio Heidelbergensi dedicata. Festschrift for Eckhard Christmann, Wilfried Edelmaier and Rudolf Kettemann (= Studies in Classical Philology. Volume 144). Lang, Bern et al. 2004, ISBN 3-631-51872-2 .
- as editor with Walter Kißel and Michael von Albrecht: Bibliography on the continued effects of antiquity in the German-language literatures of the 19th and 20th centuries (= studies on classical philology. Volume 149). Lang, Bern et al. 2005, ISBN 3-631-50802-6 .
- The ancient world in modern music. Dialog of epochs, arts, languages and genres (= sources and studies on music history from antiquity to the present. Volume 42). Lang, Bern et al. 2005, ISBN 3-631-52984-8 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical philologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 27, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sinsheim|