Wolfgang Däubler (born May 5, 1939 in Berlin-Zehlendorf ) is a German legal scholar . He became known for his work in the field of labor law .
Däubler was born in 1939 as the son of an appellate judge in Berlin; At the age of four he moved to his grandparents in Biberach an der Riss and attended schools in Biberach and Stuttgart . He passed his Abitur in Stuttgart in 1958 and then studied law in Tübingen , Hamburg , at the Free University of Berlin and in Dijon . In 1962 he passed his first and in 1966 his second state examination in law. In 1965 Däubler received his doctorate in Tübingen with a thesis on company law and did a six-month internship at the European Commission in Brussels. From 1966 to 1971 he was a research assistant at the University of Tübingen; During this period he also became a member of the ÖTV ver.di since 2001 . He has been married to Herta Däubler-Gmelin since 1969 .
In 1971 he was appointed professor at the University of Bremen to the chair for German and European labor law, civil law and commercial law. In 1987 and 1990 he was visiting professor at the University of Paris-Nanterre (“Paris X”), in 1994 at the University of Texas at Austin , 1995 at the University of Antwerp and 1998 at the University of Bordeaux , and from 2006 to 2008 “advising professor” at Tongji -University in Shanghai. In 2006 and 2007 he was visiting professor at the Università degli Studi di Trento . From 2011 to 2014 he was a regular visiting professor at the China-EU School of Law in Beijing.
Furthermore, Däubler is a member of Attac's scientific advisory board , and from 1987 to 2017 he was an employee representative on the Supervisory Board and Risk Committee of Bremer Landesbank. He has been a scientific advisor to the Schwegler law firm since 2005 . He is also the chairman of arbitration boards and advises works councils and companies on labor law issues.
Däubler's research areas are labor law, including international and European law , data protection law and inheritance law .
A paper by Däubler on the right to strike in the public service, produced for ÖTV in 1969, attracted attention. With the book “ Basic Right to Co-Determination ” published in 1973, Däubler distinguished himself as a more left-wing critic of the labor law applicable in the Federal Republic of Germany. Mention should also be made of his textbook on labor law, which is widely used by students and works councils and written from the employee's point of view, and the comments he has published on the Works Constitution Act , employment protection law and data protection law. His publications were originally controversial, but then found their way into the scientific discourse. He is one of the most frequently cited authors in the case law of the labor courts today. In 1999 a commemorative publication was dedicated to him.
Däubler was and is also active in political consulting. In 1978, for example, he headed a commission for the SPD party executive to reform collective bargaining law . In 1994 and 1995 he was a consultant to the Kyrgyz government on behalf of the German Society for Technical Cooperation , for which he drafted a labor code. He advised the government of Slovenia from 1998 to 2002 , being instrumental in drafting the Slovenian Employment Relationship Act, which came into force in 2003. Further consulting assignments were the collaboration in the preparation of the Employment Contract Act of the People's Republic of China in 2007 and the new Labor Code in Vietnam in 2013. There he continues to work for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation. He gave numerous guest lectures in Latin America.
Däubler is a member of the board of the Darmstädter Signal support group .
- General Equal Treatment Act: Handkommentar (4th edition). Nomos, Baden-Baden 2018, ISBN 978-3-8487-4228-8 .
- Wolfgang Däubler: BetrVG: Works Constitution Act: Commentary for practice with election regulations and EWC law (16th edition). Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-7663-6635-1 .
- EU General Data Protection Regulation and BDSG-new: Compact Commentary . Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-7663-6615-3 .
- Employment law: Guide for work - practice - study (law current). Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2017, ISBN 978-3-7663-6624-5 .
- Digitization and labor law: Internet, work 4.0 and crowdwork (Recht Aktuell). Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2017, ISBN 978-3-7663-6690-0 .
- Trade union rights in the company (12th edition). Nomos, Baden-Baden 2017, ISBN 978-3-8487-3479-5 .
- Transparent workforces: the manual on employee data protection (7th edition). Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2017, ISBN 978-3-7663-6620-7 .
- Collective agreements on company policy ?: Legal admissibility and factual significance. Bund, Frankfurt am Main 2016, ISBN 978-3-7663-6465-4 .
- with Birger Bonin, Olaf Deinert: General Terms and Conditions control in labor law (3rd edition). Vahlen, Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-8006-3772-0 .
- EU General Data Protection Regulation and BDSG-new. Compact comment . 1st edition. Bund-Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-7663-6615-3 (1379 pages, together with Peter Wedde , Thilo Weichert and Imke Sommer ).
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Däubler in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Wolfgang Däubler
- Däubler's curriculum vitae and list of publications on the University of Bremen website
- Wolfgang Däubler on his 80th - recognition by the trade unions
- ↑ Wolfgang Werner Däubler ( Memento from July 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), homepage of the China-EU School of Law at the China University of Political Science and Law (CESL)
- ^ Members of the scientific advisory board. In: Attac. Retrieved July 13, 2018 .
- ↑ lawyers. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 16, 2016 ; accessed on April 16, 2017 .
- ↑ Resolution draft of the City of Stuttgart, Department General Administration and Hospitals from May 8, 2013, accessed on January 28, 2020.
- ^ Search for Wolfgang Däubler in Juris : Link to Juris
- ↑ Thomas Klebe (Ed.), Law and Social Work World: Festschrift for Wolfgang Däubler on his 60th birthday , Frankfurt / M. 1999, ISBN 978-3-7663-2814-4
- ^ FES Vietnam: FES Vietnam Office - FES Vietnam. Retrieved April 16, 2017 (UK English).
- ↑ Board of the sponsorship group. In: https://www.darmstaedter-signal.de/ . Retrieved January 26, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 5, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin-Zehlendorf|