Observation frame on the wolf cliffs
|height||723 m above sea level NHN|
|location||District of Harz , Saxony-Anhalt , Germany|
|Coordinates||51 ° 49 '8 " N , 10 ° 40' 22" E|
The Wolfsklippen , also called Wolfsklippe , in the Harz Mountains are an elevation and at the same time the location of the granite rock cliffs there near Hasserode in the Harz district in Saxony-Anhalt . The mountain height is often about 723 m above sea level. NHN , but sometimes indicated as only around 710 m high.
Geographical location and surroundings
The Wolfsklippen are located in the Harz National Park a little northwest of half the air line between the Wernigerode district of Hasserode in the east-northeast and the Brocken mountain in the southwest; About 5.5 km to the northeast is Darlingerode, a district of Ilsenburg . The Plessenburg lies about 1.5 km to the north-north-west and the road to Drei Annen Hohne runs from there about 600 m to the east . The Tänntalbach rises as a tributary of the Rammelsbach on the northern flank of the Wolfsklippen .
The wolf cliffs are covered in coniferous forest. Its cliffs are granite rock formations that are scattered around the summit area and southwest of it.
Name and legend
The last wolf in the area is said to have been killed on the wolf cliffs, which is where the name of the elevation could come from. According to another legend , the name of the cliffs comes from the time of the witch hunt , when a girl accused of witchcraft hid with a she-wolf.
Observation tower and hiking
On the summit of the Wolfsklippen, members of the Harz Club erected an iron observation tower in 1901, which still exists today. At that time there was a good view of the Brocken and towards Ilsenburg and Wernigerode . Today this view is hardly possible, as high spruce forest blocks the view.
The Wolfsklippen are included as No. 24 in the system of stamping points of the Harz hiking pin. The stamping point is about 100 m away from the summit on Alexanderstieg .
- ↑ a b c Harzer hiking needle: stamp point 24 / Wolfsklippe , on harzer-wandernadel.de.
- ↑ a b Saxony-Anhalt viewer of the State Office for Surveying and Geoinformation ( notes )
- ↑ Harzer Wanderadel - Official hiking map. 1: 50,000, Kartographische Kommunale Verlagsgesellschaft, Nordhausen, ISBN 978-3-937929-98-9 , map sheet 2.
- ↑ Harz Club. Branch association Wernigerode (Ed.): Information about Wernigerode am Harz . 1900, p. 102 .
- ↑ Wolf Cliffs. alpharanma.beepworld.de, accessed on November 26, 2010 .
- ↑ Die Wolfsklippen ( memento from August 1, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ), accessed on November 26, 2010, from harzer-sagen.harz-urlaub.de