Skiba (left), Andriano (right), Grant (on drums) 2008
|Genre (s)||Punk rock , alternative rock|
Electric bass , vocals
|Rob Doran (until 1997)|
|Glenn Porter (until 2000)|
Vocals, electric guitar
Electric bass, vocals
|Daniel Andriano (since 1997)|
|Derek Grant (since 2003)|
|Mike Felumlee (2000-2003)|
The band was founded in December 1996 and today consists of Matt Skiba (guitar and vocals), Daniel Andriano (bass and vocals) and Derek Grant (drums and vocals). Their first album Goddamnit was recorded in 1998 with the record company Asian Man Records . The successor and three EPs were also released there . In 2000 the band also released a collection of their EPs in the form of the album The Alkaline Trio . In 2001 Alkaline Trio switched to Vagrant Records . There, the albums From Here to Infirmary , Good Mourning and Crimson were recorded in collaboration with producer Jerry Finn .
In 2006 the band left Vagrant, the sixth album should be recorded in 2007 for V2 Records ; But since V2 got into financial difficulties and released all artists from their contracts, it was uncertain for a long time where this album would appear. At the end of May 2007 the Alkaline Trio announced the move to Epic Records , a Sony BMG sub-label. In July 2008 the sixth studio album Agony and Irony was released . At number 13, the band was able to achieve the best position in the American album charts with their major label debut . In the same year the Nike company launched an Alkaline Trio shoe. Her seventh studio album was released on February 23, 2010, entitled This Addiction . The single of the same name with an accompanying video was released in early February 2010.
On July 12, 2011, Damnesia was released, a compilation of older songs that were newly recorded as acoustic versions, and two new songs.
The studio album My Shame Is True was released in 2013 and includes a guest contribution by Tim McIlrath of Rise Against . Since Matt Skiba has been the new guitarist and singer at Blink-182 since 2015 , the live activity of Alkaline Trio has been significantly reduced.
Many songs by the Alkaline Trio are about alcohol, boredom, death and lovesickness.
The Alkaline Trio is also featured on the CD Rock Against Bush Volume I with the song Warbrain .
The song Wash Away (a TSOL cover) was used in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland game. In addition, Armageddon (in Tony Hawk's Underground) and Mercy Me and Fall Victim (in FlatOut 2 ) were used for games.
- 1998: Goddamnit ( Asian Man Records )
- 2000: Maybe I'll Catch Fire (Asian Man Records)
- 2001: From Here to Infirmary ( Vagrant Records )
- 2003: Good Mourning (Vagrant Records)
- 2005: Crimson (Vagrant Records)
- 2008: Agony & Irony (Epic)
- 2010: This Addiction ( Epitaph )
- 2011: Damnesia (Heart & Skull / Epitaph)
- 2013: My Shame Is True (Epitaph Records)
- 2018: Is This Thing Cursed? (Epitaph Records)
EPs and compilations
- 1998: For Your Lungs Only (EP)
- 1999: I Song My Face Off (EP)
- 2000: The Alkaline Trio (Asian Man Records, collection of EP and sampler songs)
- 2002: Alkaline Trio / Hot Water Music ( Split EP with Hot Water Music )
- 2004: BYO Split Series, Vol. V (Split EP with One Man Army )
- 2007: Remains (Vagrant Records, collection of rarities)
- 2008: unplugged myspace transmisson (EP)
From Here to Infirmary
- 2001: Stupid Kid
- 2001: Private Eye
- 2003: We've Had Enough
- 2003: All on Black
- Time to Waste (June 2005)
- Mercy Me (September 2005)
- Burn (January 2006)
Agony & Irony
- Help Me (June 2008)
- I found away
- This Addiction (February 2010)
My Shame Is True
- I Wanna Be a Warhol (February 2013)
Is This Thing Cursed?
- Blackbird (July 2018)
- Is This Thing Cursed? (August 2018)
- Demon and Division (August 2018)
- Official website ( Flash , English )
- Alkaline Trio at laut.de
- Alkaline Trio at Allmusic (English)
- Unofficial German website
- Fabian Tölpel: Alkaline Trio - Back To The Roots. Interview. In: Crazewire . March 16, 2010; Archived from the original on April 26, 2010 ; accessed on May 4, 2017 .
- chart sources:
- Music Sales Awards: UK
- Communication from V2 ( Memento from July 3, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Chart placements at Allmusic, accessed on September 5, 2008
- EVIL ROCKSTARS: ALKALINE TRIO'S NEW BLOODPACT , accessed June 8, 2015
- Punknews.org: Alkaline Trio release new single and set date for new album. Accessed August 27, 2018 (English).
- Alkaline Trio present their new song "Demon and Division" . In: MoreCore.de . ( morecore.de [accessed on August 30, 2018]).