Wedel (Holst) station
Central platform of Wedel (Holst) station
|opening||December 1, 1883|
|Profile on Bahnhof.de||Wedel__Holst_|
|City / municipality||frond|
|Railway stations in Schleswig-Holstein|
The Wedel (Holst) station is the start or end station of the line S1 Westastes the train Hamburg .
The train station is in Wedel . The postal address of the station is Rathausplatz 1 .
After the opening of the Altona-Blankeneser Railway in 1876, Wedel also wanted to be connected to the railway network. After Wedel had made the necessary building site available free of charge and contributed 20,000 gold marks to the construction costs, construction of the single-track line began. The line was opened at the end of 1883. Initially, four pairs of passenger trains drove daily. In freight traffic , agricultural products from the surrounding area and gravel from a pit near Sülldorf were transported. While some sections of the Hamburg S-Bahn were electrified as early as 1940, the line to Wedel was only operated with direct current from 1954.
The station originally had a two-storey station building made of brick as well as a bypass, a siding for freight cars and ancillary buildings. During the Second World War , the station building was slightly damaged and then only little repaired. In 1954 the parking facilities were expanded. In 1985 the station building was demolished. This was followed by new horseshoe-shaped residential buildings around the train station. Since then, access to the platform has been through two passages under the houses.
The station has a central platform without a station building. Access to the platform is barrier-free . To the east of the station there is a parking facility with six tracks. The Wedeler ZOB is located directly at the northwest side exit, along with a two-story park-and-ride facility and a taxi stand . There is also a toilet .
The station is served every 10 minutes during rush hour , otherwise every 20 minutes by S1 trains. The trains turn in the opposite direction at the platforms.
|Wedel - Rissen - Sülldorf - Iserbrook - Blankenese - Hochkamp - Klein Flottbek - Othmarschen - Bahrenfeld - ( under construction: Ottensen -) Altona - Königstraße - Reeperbahn - Landungsbrücken - Stadthausbrücke - Jungfernstieg - Central Station - Berliner Tor - Landwehr - Hasselbrook - Wandsbeker Chaussee - Friedrichsberg - Barmbek - Alte Wöhr - Rübenkamp - Ohlsdorf | - Hamburg Airport (airport) | - Kornweg (Klein Borstel) - Hoheneichen - Wellingsbüttel - Poppenbüttel|
- Wolfgang Pischek, Jan Borchers, Martin Heimann: The Hamburg S-Bahn. With direct current through the Hanseatic city . GeraMond, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7
- Tracks in service facilities (AWL) , DB Netz AG (PDF; track plan)
- Wedel train station (Holstein). In: bahnhof.de. DB Station & Service, accessed on May 28, 2020 .
- Wolfgang Pischek, Jan Borchers, Martin Heimann: The Hamburg S-Bahn. With direct current through the Hanseatic city . GeraMond, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7 , pages 24-27
- Wolfgang Pischek, Jan Borchers, Martin Heimann: The Hamburg S-Bahn. With direct current through the Hanseatic city . GeraMond, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7 , page 29
- Wedel station (Holst). In: bahnhof.de. DB Station & Service AG, accessed on August 15, 2020 (German).