Location in Tennessee
|State :||United States|
|County :||Bedford County|
|Coordinates :||35 ° 36 ′ N , 86 ° 21 ′ W|
|Time zone :||Central ( UTC − 6 / −5 )|
|Residents :||500 (as of 2010)|
|Population density :||333.3 inhabitants per km 2|
|Area :||1.5 km 2 (approx. 1 mi 2 )|
|Height :||261 m|
|Postal code :||37020|
|Area code :||+1 931|
|GNIS ID :||1276910|
|Mayor :||Dennis Webb|
|1880-2000 2010 2012|
Bell Buckle is a small town (with the status of " Town ") in Bedford County in the US -amerikanischen State Tennessee . In 2010 , Bell Buckle had 500 residents.
Bell Buckle is located in south-central Tennessee on Wartrace Creek , which is part of the Mississippi River basin across the Duck River , Tennessee River and Ohio .
The geographical coordinates of Bell Buckle are 35 ° 35'30 "north latitude and 86 ° 21'15" west longitude. The urban area extends over an area of 1.5 km².
Neighboring towns to Bell Buckle are Christiana (10 miles north), Beechgrove (8 miles east-northeast), Wartrace (8.7 km south-southeast) and Shelbyville (17.5 km southwest).
The closest major cities are Tennessee's capital, Nashville (83.7 km northwest), Louisville , Kentucky (346 km north), Knoxville (274 km east-northeast), Chattanooga (149 km southeast), Atlanta , Georgia (334 km in the same direction), Birmingham , Alabama (274 km south) and Tennessee's largest city, Memphis (397 km west).
The Tennessee State Highway 82 and 269 intersect in the center of Bell Buckle. All other roads are subordinate country roads, some unpaved roads and inner-city connecting roads.
A railway line for cargo traffic of CSX Transportation runs from north to south through Bell Buckle .
With the Bomar Field-Shelbyville Municipal Airport there is a small airfield 11.3 km to the west-southwest. The nearest major airport is Nashville International Airport, 78.3 km northwest .
According to the 2010 census , Bell Buckle had 500 people in 143 households. The population density was 333.3 people per square kilometer. Statistically, there were 2.73 people each in the 143 households.
The racial the population was composed of 87.4 percent white, 2.8 percent African American, 8.2 percent Asian and 0.4 percent from other ethnic groups; 1.2 percent were descended from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race was 3.2 percent of the population.
37.2 percent of the population were under 18 years old, 51.4 percent were between 18 and 64 and 11.4 percent were 65 years or older. 50.8 percent of the population were female.
The average annual income for a household was 45,469 USD . The per capita income was $ 26,185. 17.2 percent of the population lived below the poverty line.
In Bell Buckle there is the Webb School, a private boarding school for university entrance qualifications.
- Harold Earthman (1900-1987) - Democratic MP for the US House of Representatives (1945-1947) - attended the Webb School in Bell Buckle
- Wayne Rogers (1933-2015) - actor - attended Webb School in Bell Buckle
- Elton Watkins (1881-1956) - Democratic MP for the US House of Representatives (1923-1925) - attended the Webb School in Bell Buckle
- William R. Webb (1842–1926) - educator and US Senator for a short time - founded the Webb School and directed it until his death
- ↑ Town of Bell Buckle - Aldermen Contact Information ( Memento of the original from August 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved August 14, 2014
- ↑ United States Census Bureau - Census of Population and Housing: Decennial Censuses.Retrieved August 14, 2014
- ↑ a b c American Fact Finder. Retrieved August 14, 2014
- ^ US Census Bureau - Population Estimates.Retrieved August 14, 2014
- ↑ Distance information according to Google Maps. Accessed on August 14, 2014