Card Captor Sakura
|Card Captor Sakura|
|Original title||カ ー ド キ ャ プ タ ー さ く ら|
|transcription||Kādo Kyaputā Sakura|
|Logo of the anime|
|genre||Magical girl , comedy , romance , fantasy|
|First publication||May 1996 - July 2000|
|Anime television series|
|Country of production||Japan|
|Episodes||70 in 3 seasons|
|First broadcast||April 7, 1998 - March 21, 2000 on NHK BS2|
|October 11, 2003 on ProSieben|
|title||Cardcaptor Sakura - The trip to Hong Kong|
|Original title||劇場版 カ ー ド キ ャ プ タ ー さ く ら|
|transcription||Gekijōban Kādo Kyaputā Sakura|
|Country of production||Japan|
|Age rating||FSK 12|
|title||Cardcaptor Sakura - The Sealed Card|
|Original title||劇場版 カ ー ド キ ャ プ タ ー さ く ら 封印 さ れ た カ ー ド|
|transcription||Gekijōban Kādo Kyaputā Sakura: Fūin Sareta Kādo|
|Country of production||Japan|
|Age rating||FSK 6|
|title||Kero-chan ni Omakase!|
|Original title||劇場版 ケ ロ ち ゃ ん に お ま か せ!|
|transcription||Gekijōban Kero-chan ni Omakase!|
|Country of production||Japan|
|Original video animation|
|title||Suteki desu wa, Sakura-chan! Tomoyo no Cardcaptor Sakura Katsuyaku Video Nikki!|
|Original title||す て き で す わ 、 さ く ら ち ゃ ん! 知 世 の カ ー ド キ ャ プ タ ー さ く ら 活躍 ビ デ オ 日記!|
|Country of production||Japan|
Card Captor Sakura ( Japanese カ ー ド キ ャ プ タ ー さ く ら Kādo Kyaputā Sakura , abbreviated: CCS) is a manga drawn by the group Clamp . On the basis of the manga, three art books , six anime comics , two novels as well as the clow card book, a tarot book, a television series and two movies were produced. The sequel Card Captor Sakura Clear Card Arc , which was also implemented as a television series in 2018, has been running since 2016 . In Cardcaptor Sakura is a Magical Girl -Manga.
Ten-year-old Sakura Kinomoto finds a strange book in her father's library. Sakura opens the book and discovers the magical clow cards. She takes the first card, Windy, and activates it, creating a strong wind that distributes the other cards in all directions. The guardian of the book, Kerberos or Kero for short, who unfortunately slept through the event, appears and asks Sakura to collect the cards as a card captor so that they cannot cause any damage. Sakura is accompanied by her friend Tomoyo Daidouji. A little later, a boy from Hong Kong called Shaolan Li appears, who is a distant relative of the creator of the Clow Cards and who also wants to collect the cards in competition with Sakura.
- Sakura Kinomoto
- The ten-year-old student is the main character in the series. Sakura lives with her father and brother. Her mother passed away when Sakura was three years old. Her way to school, which she always does on her inline skates , takes her to Tomoeda Elementary School, to whose cheerleading club she belongs. Particularly characteristic of Sakura is her constant optimism , her terrible fear of ghosts, and her very great appreciation for things like friendship and family. She is also in love with Yukito, her brother's best friend. Her brother Toya likes to tease her and often.
- Fujitaka Kinomoto
- Sakura's father teaches archeology at a university. He is a very kind and loving person, although nothing is known about his parents or other ancestors. This is not surprising, however, as Fujitaka is a rebirth of Clow Read.
- Toya Kinomoto
- Toya is Sakura's big brother, whose school is close to hers and with whom she goes to school because of that, or rather because of Toya's boyfriend Yukito. Toya always pretends to be the "typical" big brother who annoys his sister when he can, e.g. B. insulted Godzilla , but actually feels a lot for her and would protect at any cost. Toya, like Sakura, also has special powers that are extremely important in the course of the series.
- Kero-chan / Kerberos
- Kerberos is the guardian of the clow book who, due to his long stay in Osaka, has adopted the local customs and way of speaking. He accompanies and supports Sakura on her hunt for the clow cards and also helps her with private problems. In public, Kerberos hides in Sakura's backpack, some pockets, or disguises himself as a stuffed animal. Kerberos knows that as a symbol of the sun, he can regain his original guardian form if Sakura has the "Firey" and the "Earth" card.
- Tomoyo Daidouji
- Tomoyo goes to the same school as Sakura, is her best friend and at the same time her biggest fan . Despite her wealthier origins, Tomoyo is a perfectly normal girl. She is a member of the school choir and is very gifted at making new costumes for Sakura's hunt for the cards. Another great hobby of hers is filming. She is present on each of Sakura's adventures with her video camera to capture everything on tape, but also to keep a watchful eye on her friend Sakura.
- Shaoran Li
- Shaoran is distantly related to the creator of the Clow Cards, Clow Read, and is moving from Hong Kong to Sakura's city and attending the same class there. Shaoran is also looking for the clow cards, which he can locate with the help of a magical artifact , but just like Sakura can sense them. At first there is still an enormous rivalry between Shaoran and Sakura, which is further strengthened by their love for Yukito Tsukishiro. Over time, however, Sakura and Shaoran grow closer and become friends until he falls in love with Sakura at the end of the series. When Eriol comes to Japan, he sees him as a competitor. He keeps his promise to Meilin and tells her that he has found someone he loves more than anything. Now he tries his best to tell her that he loves her ... According to Shaoran's confession of love (in the anime after Sakura's confession of love in the movie "The Sealed Card"), the two are firm lovers.
- Yukito Tsukishiro
- Yukito is Toya's best friend and classmate and initially, despite the large age difference, both Sakuras and Shaorans, a big crush. Yukito is a very friendly and polite person who is rarely seen without a smiling face. He has a lot of talents and therefore helps out in almost all clubs in his school if a participant is missing. Another “talent” is his great appetite, because no matter how thin he is, Yukito eats a lot more than many of the other actors combined. Later in the series, you learn that Yukito is not a "normal" person, but carries the spirit of the clow card protector Yue.
- Yue is Kerberos' counterpart as the protector of the clow cards, who hid in Yukito until Sakura had collected all the cards. Initially, he was characterized by great severity, but later on a friendly and submissive attitude towards Sakura.
- Kaho Mizuki
- The inconspicuous math teacher at Sakura's elementary school. Both Sakura and Shaoran notice that she is something special, but this shows in very different ways, with Sakura as sympathy , with Shaoran as great caution. She also knows about the clow cards and helps Sakura cope with her last major test.
- Eriol Hiiragizawa
- Eriol, the exchange student from England, is actually a reincarnation of Clow Read who appears to watch and advance Sakura's progress with the Clow Cards. However, he is returning to England after all of the Clow Cards have been turned into Sakura Cards.
- Clow Read
- The creator of the clow cards and their guardians. Clow Read has combined western and eastern magic and so developed an extraordinary talent for an equally extraordinary kind of magic. Kerberos, however, describes Clow as a bit "strange". Before he died, he made sure that half reincarnated with his memories and magic in Eriol and the other half in Fujitaka.
- Suppy / Spinel Sun
- Just like Kerberos trapped in the body of a small animal (Suppy), Spinel Sun, created by Eriol, spends the time studying books from Clow Read's estate.
- Nakuru Akizuki / Ruby Moon
- Ruby Moon, the creature with butterfly wings created by Eriol , comes to Toya's class in the form of Nakuru and from then on is always close to him.
- Meilin Li
- In the 20th episode, another exchange student from Hong Kong appears, but this time a girl. It is Shaoran's fiancée Meilin, who from this day on will take care of Shaoran very, very much. The fact that Shaoran and Meilin are engaged is not entirely correct, however, as this is based on a promise Meilin had wrested from Shaoran after he brought her beloved bird back when it flew away. Almost until the end of season 2, Meilin sees Sakura as a rival who wants to fight her Shaoran. Ultimately, however, there is a debate between the two, which almost leads to a happy ending. Meilin trained the Chinese martial arts with Shaoran and is at least equal, if not superior, to Shaoran. Above all, she was able to demonstrate her knowledge in the fight against the Fight and Twin cards. Meilin can't do magic, which she really regrets. For this she always tries to help Shaoran with other means. There are many opportunities to do this, as she also lives with Shaoran.
Card Captor Sakura was drawn by Clamp and the series was published from May 1996 to July 2000 in Nakayoshi magazine, published by Kodansha . The individual chapters were also published in twelve anthologies. These received a new edition in 2004 and 2005. For the 60th anniversary of the magazine in 2015, another new edition of the manga appeared in nine volumes. The German translation of the entire volume has been published by EMA . There are also translations into English, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese and Portuguese.
The story of Shaoran and Sakura is taken up again in the subsequent series Tsubasa - Reservoir Chronicle . The characters take on the lead role again in a CLAMP series, with the plot being different from the original Card Captor Sakura .
The sequel Card Captor Sakura Clear Card Arc started in 2016 in Nakayoshi magazine .
The CCS anime was produced from 1998 to 2000 and has 70 episodes divided into three seasons. The plot itself can be divided into two parts, just like in the manga: the first two anime seasons belong to the clow card series, the third to the sakura card series. So far there have also been two CCS films. Both films, Die Reise nach Hong-Kong and Die versiegelte Karte , have been released in Germany on VHS and DVD . The first 24 episodes of the series appeared on 6 DVDs from November 14, 2005 to October 9, 2006 on Universum Anime .
In the anime all 52 clow cards appear, in the manga only 19. There is also a new character, Mai-lin Li, she is Shaoran's cousin and supposedly his fiancée.
In 2018, the sequel Card Captor Sakura Clear Card Arc , which adapted the manga of the same name and was produced by the old staff, ran.
A prologue to the television series was published on September 13, 2017 in the limited version of the 3rd volume.
|role||Japanese speakers ( seiyū )||German speakers|
|Sakura Kinomoto||Sakura Tange||Manja Doering|
|Fujitaka Kinomoto||Hideyuki Tanaka||Uwe Büschken|
|Toya Kinomoto||Tomokazu Seki||Julien Haggége|
|Kero-chan / Kerberos||Aya Hisakawa||Diana Borgwardt|
|Tomoyo Daidouji||Junko Iwao||Giuliana Jakobeit|
|Shaoran Li||Motoko Kumai||David Turba|
|Yukito Tsukishiro / Yue||Megumi Ogata||Kim Hasper|
|Kaho Mizuki||Emi Shinohara||Victoria Storm|
|Eriol Hiiragizawa||Nozomu Sasaki||Timmo Niesner|
|Clow Reed||Kazuo Hayashi|
|Suppy / Spinel Sun||Yumi Toma|
|Nakuru Akizuki / Ruby Moon||Ryōka Yuzuki|
|Meilin Li||Yukana Nogami||Anna Carlsson|
In 1999, the first film for the series was released in Japan. It was also published in German as Cardcaptor Sakura - The Journey to Hong Kong . A second film followed in 2000, which came to Germany under the title Cardcaptor Sakura - The Sealed Card . In the same year, the 10-minute short film Kero-chan ni Omakase! released.
In 2003 the original video animation Suteki desu wa, Sakura-chan! Tomoyo no Cardcaptor Sakura Katsuyaku Video Nikki! in the trade.
The anime comics show the exact scenes of the anime series and, in contrast to the manga, are printed in color. However, not all of the episodes are included in the six volumes, only a few that the publisher considered important. Other, omitted episodes are briefly touched upon with information about events and clow cards.
- Volume 1: The Mysterious Book ( ISBN 3-8025-3335-6 )
- Volume 2: The Test of Courage ( ISBN 3-8025-3334-8 )
- CCS Tarot Book : ISBN 3-89885-038-2
- Explanations and tarot laying patterns based on the clow cards in the clow card box.
- CCS Clow Card Box: ISBN 3-89885-045-5
- Box with all 52 clow cards, for collecting and tarot.
- Card Captor Sakura. animexx.de, accessed on December 8, 2013 .