Chinese University of Hong Kong
|The Chinese University of Hong Kong
香港 中文 大學
|motto||博 文 約 禮 ( Wenyan )
“Through learning and temperance to virtue”
“Through a broad study and moderation to virtue”
|founding||October 17, 1963|
Shatin , NT , Hong Kong , China
|Rector||Rocky S. Tuan
段 崇智 教授
|including professors||1,059 (2016/17)|
|Annual budget||HK $ 9.24 billion (2016/17)|
The Chinese University of Hong Kong , abbr .: CUHK ( Chinese 香港 中文 大學 / 香港 中文 大学 , Pinyin Xiānggǎng Zhōngwén Dàxué , Jyutping Hoeng 1 gong 2 Zung 1 man 4 Daai 6 hok 6 , English The Chinese University of Hong Kong , abbr .: 中大 , Zhōngdà , Jyutping Zung 1 daai 6 ) is the second oldest university in Hong Kong and was officially founded in 1963 through the merger of three colleges - New Asia College founded in 1949 , Chung Chi College founded in 1951 and United College founded in 1956 .
According to the evaluation of the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) and Reuters reports , the Chinese University of Hong Kong regularly ranks first in the academic ranking .
The Master of Business Administration , offered since 1966, is the oldest MBA program in Asia .
Geography and traffic
The campus university CUHK now has nine different colleges with a total of 152 buildings. The 137.3 hectare campus is located in the New Territories in the Shatin Administrative District in the village of Ma Liu Shui in the satellite city of Shatin and overlooks Tolo Harbor . The CUHK is easily accessible via various public transport . For example, via the University stop on the East Rail Line of the Hong Kong subway MTR , via bus lines from various bus companies such as KMB , LWB or via various red and green minibuses .
Faculty of Business Administration
The Faculty of Business Administration - CUHK Business School - is accredited by AACSB International and combines two faculties with four departments: the School of Accountancy , the School of Hotel and Tourism Management , and the departments Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics , Finance , Management and Marketing . As of January 2012, seven undergraduate programs, six MBA programs, four Executive MBA programs, five Master’s programs, as well as MPhil-PHD programs and executive education are offered. Faculty members' research efforts focus on current developments in emerging markets and may be a. conducted by the Center of Institutions and Governance , the Institute of Economics and Finance and Li & Fung Institute of Supply Chain Management and Logistics . The faculty's vision is to train global leaders for the Asian century.
MBA programs are offered by all departments in the Faculty of Business Administration and the School of Accountancy . With China Business , Entrepreneurship , Finance and Marketing , students currently have four specializations to choose from. A double specialization is also possible. In the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2012 , the MBA programs were ranked 28th.
In addition to the possibility of an exchange (International Exchange Program) with one of the numerous partner universities, CUHK offers dual degree programs with the University of Texas , HEC Paris , Erasmus University Rotterdam and MIT (Master of Science in Management Studies Scheme). With the exception of a few courses, e.g. B. Chinese culture, courses are generally held in English.
In addition to access to an alumni network with more than 17,000 members, CUMBA supports its students through the Career Advancement & Management Program (CAMP) and an Elite Mentorship Program . Every year the MBA students organize a conference on the topic of corporate social responsibility .
For a successful completion 54 course points (units) are required, whereby one course is weighted with three. The academic year begins in September and consists of trimesters and a summer term from July to August. The normative duration of study is 16 months, but can be reduced to 12 months if the exchange or a summer internship is omitted.
Students can choose between an evening and weekend mode. 48 course points are required over a period of 24 months for graduation.
The program extends over two years and is divided into quarters. 40–50 students are admitted each year. 48 course points are required for graduation. In the Financial Times 2011 EMBA Global Ranking , the EMBA program was listed in 14th place.
The “One MBA” program is the result of a merger of five business schools from four continents: Chinese University of Hong Kong, EAESP , EGADE , RSM , UNC . The course lasts 21 months, begins in September and is held entirely in English. In addition to four so-called global residencies , where all participants of the program come together for one-week block seminars in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia, the local teaching units of the home school form the main component of the program. Local courses consist of globally coordinated teaching content on the one hand, and regional content on the other. In 2010, the program was ranked number 22 in the Financial Times ranking .
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Education
Excellent researchers (selection)
(in chronological order)
- 1957, Chen Ning Yang - Nobel Prize in Physics
- 1982, Shing-Tung Yau - Fields Medal
- 1996, James Mirrlees - Nobel Prize in Economics
- 1999, Robert Mundell - Nobel Prize in Economics
- 2000, Andrew Yao - Turing Award
- 2006, Ying-shih Yu - Kluge Prize
- 2009, Charles Kuen Kao - Nobel Prize in Physics
- Chan Wing-wah (composition)
- Hui Cheung-wai (composition)
- Ada Lai (music)
- Peter Löscher (former CEO of Siemens)
- Clarence Mak (music)
- John Tong Hon (philosophy)
- Shing-Tung Yau (Mathematics) (Fields Medal)
- Ying-shih Yu (story) (Kluge Prize)
- Official website (Chinese, English)
- Official Website - CUHK Business School (Chinese, English)
- ↑ Motto "Bówén-yuēlǐ (博 文 約 禮 / 博 文 约 礼) - Through learning and temperance to virtue". In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 23, 2018 (Chinese, English).
- ↑ Motto "Bówén-yuēlǐ (博 文 約 禮 / 博 文 约 礼) - Through learning and temperance to virtue". ( PDF file; 32 MB) In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 24, 2018 (Chinese, English).
- ↑ term "Bowen yuēlǐ (博文約禮/博文约礼)". In: www.zdic.net. Retrieved May 23, 2018 (Chinese).
- ↑ term "Bowen yuēlǐ (博文約禮/博文约礼)". In: dict.revised.moe.edu.tw. Retrieved May 23, 2018 (Chinese).
- ^ "About CUHK - Governance". In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 24, 2018 (Chinese, English).
- ^ "Staff - Full-time Staff 2016-17". ( PDF file; 32 MB) In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 24, 2018 (Chinese, English, on page 18, Facts and Figures 2017).
- ^ A b "Staff - Full-time Staff 2016-17". ( PDF file; 32 MB) In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 24, 2018 (Chinese, English, on page 25, Facts and Figures 2017).
- ^ "Finance - Income 2016-17". ( PDF file; 32 MB) In: www.cuhk.edu.hk. Retrieved May 24, 2018 (Chinese, English, on page 42, Facts and Figures 2017).
- ^ List of IAU Members. In: iau-aiu.net. International Association of Universities, accessed July 25, 2019 .
- ↑ Academic Ranking of World Universities 2006 . 上海交通大學 . Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- ↑ Academic Ranking of World Universities 2010 . 上海交通大學 . Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- ↑ Academic Ranking of World Universities 2011 . 上海交通大學 . Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- ↑ Academic Ranking of World Universities 2013 . 上海交通大學 . Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- ↑ http://www.reuters.com/article/us-asiapac-reuters-ranking-innovative-un-idUSKCN1152B7
- ↑ http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/research/cig/events_program.htm
- ↑ http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/research/ief/
- ^ Li & Fung Institute of Supply Chain Management & Logistics ( Memento from December 4, 2011 in the Internet Archive ). In: lf-scml.baf.cuhk.edu.hk, accessed March 28, 2020. (English)
- ↑ http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/programmes_ft_cs.html >
- ↑ http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings-2012
- ↑ http://www.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/mba/studentlife_gl_exchange_p.html
- ^ CUHK MBA - Online Career Center ( Memento of November 13, 2011 in the Internet Archive ). In: mbacareer.baf.cuhk.edu.hk, accessed March 28, 2020. (English)
- ↑ http://cumbacsr.baf.cuhk.edu.hk/
- ↑ http://rankings.ft.com/exportranking/emba-rankings-2010/pdf