Cipri Adolf Bermann
Bermann completed a wood carving apprenticeship in Furtwangen in the Black Forest ; later he studied in Munich and at the Polytechnic in Zurich , where he enrolled in architecture . In 1884 he studied sculpture for two years at the State Academy of Fine Arts in Karlsruhe under Hermann Volz . After completing this degree, he moved to Munich, where he ran a private sculpture school. In 1898 he became a member of the Munich Secession , and in 1903 of the German Association of Artists . At the 10th exhibition of the Munich Secession in Munich in 1904 - it was also the first Künstlerbund exhibition - CA Bermann was represented with two marble busts ( Luitpold von Bayern , Emanuel von Seidl ) and a bronze sculpture ( Huntress ).
Bermann received numerous commissions for portraits and works in public spaces.
- Bust of Franz von Lenbach (1903), marble
- Homer and Aristotle at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (bronze, 1915, installed in 1921, restored 2004/05)
- Le Centaure in the orangery in the garden of the thermal bath in Bad Mondorf
- Cipri Adolf Bermann . In: General Artist Lexicon . The visual artists of all times and peoples (AKL). Volume 9, Saur, Munich a. a. 1994, ISBN 3-598-22749-3 , pp. 480f.
- JA Beringer: Bermann, Cipri Adolf . In: Ulrich Thieme , Felix Becker (Hrsg.): General Lexicon of Fine Artists from Antiquity to the Present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker. tape 3 : Bassano – Bickham . Wilhelm Engelmann, Leipzig 1909, p. 423-424 ( Text Archive - Internet Archive ).
- Exhibition catalog X. Exhibition of the Munich Secession: The German Association of Artists (in connection with an exhibition of exquisite products of the arts in the craft) , Publishing House F. Bruckmann, Munich 1904 (p. 37)
- Kunsthalle Bremen : Collection: Sculptures from A to B
- Figure Homer
- Dreier, R.-W .: Homer and Aristoteles return to their old place , press release of the University of Freiburg of April 8, 2005 .
|SURNAME||Bermann, Cipri Adolf|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sculptor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 25, 1862|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Voehrenbach|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 17, 1942|
|Place of death||Luxembourg|