Dénes Törzs came to Germany with his mother in 1944. After graduating from high school, he attended drama school in Düsseldorf, which he left in 1960. He came to Hamburg through engagements at the Westfälisches Landestheater Castrop-Rauxel (WLT) and the Schlosstheater Celle . Törzs worked a. a. as a fish truck driver in the port of Hamburg . At that time he played minor film and television roles and dubbed pornographic films.
In 1968, the Hamburg-based freelancer at Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR). At first he worked as a speaker and presenter for NDR radio . He had his first screen appearance in 1977 in the afternoon program.
From 1977 to December 31, 2004, the trained actor and theater dramaturge was one of the first German program announcers to guide NDR television programs . His accompaniment at the turn of the year is particularly well-known, in particular the program Dinner for One broadcast on New Year's Eve . With his introduction to this program in 2004, the era of television announcers on public service broadcasting ended .
In addition to his moderation work and work as an off-speaker for ARD and NDR, he played in numerous series and film productions, including Timm Thaler , Schwarz-Rot-Gold (as a public prosecutor) and as a guest in the crime TV series Tatort . Occasionally he also appeared as a voice actor for foreign television productions, for example in some episodes of the US television series Miami Vice .
Susanne Gliffe portrayed Törzs in the film portrait - Dénes Törzs. In the portrait, Dénes Törzs talks about his life and colleagues describe their collaboration with him.
- 1969: The man with the glass eye
- 1969: The angels of St. Pauli
- 1969: Kim Philby was the third man (TV movie)
- 1970: On the trail of the perpetrator - frogmen
- 1970: Hamburg Transit
- 1971: Tatort - Exclusive! (TV series)
- 1971: Tatort - Kressin and the Dead Man in the Fleet (TV series)
- 1972: Hooper's last hunt
- 1972: The Melchiors - shrub knights on Messerstrasse
- 1973: Zinc coffins for the golden boys
- 1974: The beautiful Marianne - the portrait
- 1975: Scary stories
- 1977: From Peter Petersen's logbook
- 1978: PS Stories about the Brozinski car
- 1979: Timm Thaler (TV series)
- 1982/88/90 / 93-94: Black-Red-Gold
- 1994: Rotwang has to go!
- 1977–2004: program moderation NDR
- 1986: Children, how time flies (SFB)
- 1990–1993: Songs as beautiful as the north (ARD)
- 1991–2001: Make a wish (NDR, ORB)
- 1996: Nonstop Comedy (NDR)
- 1999: Make a wish on the go (NDR, ORB)
- 2002: Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival
- Jazz Festival "Swinging Hamburg"
- Alberto Moravia: The Curious Thief (2007, noble)
- Brothers Grimm: Frau Holle (2007, ko.libri)
- Lots of funny animal stories 2 (ko.libri)
- Traffic jams don't have to be boring (ko.libri)
- Dénes Törzs in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- THE! with moderator Dénes Törzs. In: ndr.de . July 28, 2019(video recording; Törzs on the program DAS! ).
- Doris Cebulka: The man of the Third Program. In: Die Zeit , April 3, 1987. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- Netzzeitung: Last German TV announcer Törzs leaves ( Memento from December 15, 2013 in the Internet Archive ).
- "Hip - Dénes Törzs": Portrait of the program moderator saying goodbye (NDR press release as PDF)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor, presenter and theater dramaturge|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 24, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kassa , Czechoslovakia|