Dave Evans (born July 20, 1953 in London ) is an Australian singer and was part of the rock band AC / DC for a short time .
After he became aware of the band through a newspaper advertisement in the Sydney Herald - he was soon selected as the group's lead singer after introducing himself to the band members, consisting of Malcolm and Angus Young , bassist Larry Van Kriedt and drummer Colin Burgess . However, he only remained a member for nine months. He was fired by Malcolm Young in September 1974 and replaced by Bon Scott because he sometimes refused to appear for no reason.
Evans has released various solo albums in the following years, none of which was particularly successful. In 2006 his solo album Sinner was released, on which he and his band are reminiscent of AC / DC. The cover was labeled "Founding Member of AC / DC and original Lead Singer" ("Co-founder and first singer of AC / DC").
In 2013 he worked with Chris Appleton ( Absolva , The Fury UK , brother of Iced Earth bassist Luke Appleton) again on a solo album.
With AC / DC
- Can I Sit Next to You Girl? / Rockin 'in the Parlor , single (1974)
- Rabbit (1976)
- Too Much Rock 'n' Roll (1976)
Thunder down under
- Thunder Down Under (1986)
- A Hell of A Night (2001)
- Sinner (2006)
- Judgment Day (2008)
- Revenge (2013)
- Sound carrier by Dave Evans in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dave Evans at Discogs (English)
- Homepage of Dave Evans (English)
- Review of Sinner at laut.de
- Interview on "youtube.com" (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Australian singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 20, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London , England|