|Height :||352 (338-367) m|
|Area :||7.33 km²|
|Residents :||386 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||53 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||1st February 1971|
|Postal code :||63633|
|Area code :||06054|
Fischborn was first mentioned in a document in 1314. In 1939 the place belonged to the district of Gelnhausen and had 387 inhabitants. In the district, the drinking water for the city of Frankfurt am Main is obtained from the groundwater .
On February 1, 1971, the previously independent communities of Birstein, Bößgesäß, Fischborn and Kirchbracht merged as part of the regional reform in Hesse to form the new large community of Birstein.
- Place name
In the historical documents, the place is documented under the following place names (the year of mention in brackets):
- Fisseburnen (1314)
- Fishnet (1325)
- Vishpurn (1351)
Culture and sights
- Fischborn volunteer fire department
- Fischborn hunting association
- Youth group Fischborn e. V.
- Rural women's association Fischborn
- Sports club Hochland Fischborn
- Fischborn bird protection association
- Literature about Fischborn in the Hessian Bibliography
- Search for Fischborn in the archive portal-D of the German Digital Library
- Fischborn district . In: Website of the Birstein community.
- Fischborn (Birstein), Main-Kinzig district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Fischborn (Birstein), Main-Kinzig district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. (As of May 14, 2018). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Birstein community portrait: Figures, data & facts. Population HW , accessed on February 27, 2020
- Municipal reform: mergers and integration of municipalities from January 20, 1971 . In: The Hessian Minister of the Interior (ed.): State Gazette for the State of Hesse. 1971 No. 6 , p. 248 , point 328, paragraph 48 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 6.2 MB ]).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 362 .