Franz Josef Radermacher
Franz Josef Radermacher (born March 20, 1950 in Aachen ) is professor of computer science at the University of Ulm and head of the research institute for application-oriented knowledge processing . He became known u. a. through his advocacy for a global eco-social market economy and through his involvement in the Global Marshall Plan Initiative , which has been campaigning for a fairer globalization , for a “world in balance”, since 2003 .
Radermacher received his doctorate in mathematics from RWTH Aachen University in 1974 . He completed his second doctorate in economics at the University of Karlsruhe in 1976 . His habilitation in mathematics took place in 1982 at RWTH Aachen.
From 1983 to 1987 Radermacher was Professor for Applied Computer Science at the University of Passau . Since 1987 he has headed the research institute for application-oriented knowledge processing ( FAW or FAW / n) in Ulm . In the same year he became professor for databases and artificial intelligence at the University of Ulm . From 1988 to 1992 he was President of the Society for Mathematics, Economics and Operations Research (GMÖOR; now: Society for Operations Research , GOR).
In the years that followed, Radermacher developed into an expert in shaping globalization, innovation , the consequences of technology, environmentally compatible mobility, sustainable development and overpopulation . Radermacher and Josef Riegler are among the intellectual fathers of the Global Marshall Plan Initiative and the underlying objective of a global eco-social market economy .
From 1995 to 2001 Radermacher was a member of the Information Society Forum (ISF) of the EU ; also from 2000 to 2001 spokesman for the Global Society Dialogue of the ISF.
In 1997 he was appointed to the scientific advisory board of Expo 2000 for the subject areas "Planet of visions" and "The 21st century".
Since 2001 he has been Vice President of the Eco-Social Forum Europe . Since 2000 member of the scientific advisory board at the Federal Ministry for Transport, Building and Urban Development and since 2002 member of the sustainability advisory board Baden-Württemberg . He has also been a member of the Hessen Sustainability Conference since 2008.
From 2002 to 2006 Radermacher was a member of the jury for the award of the German Environmental Prize .
From 2003 chairman of the scientific advisory board and from June 2005 president of the Federal Association for Economic Development and Foreign Trade. V. He resigned both functions in 2009. The cooperation with Dieter Härthe continues, namely in the context of the Senate of Economy, newly initiated by Härthe , whose President Radermacher has been since 2010, as well as in the Global Economic Network.
He is Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the World Contract Foundation . From 2003 to 2008 Radermacher was also chairman of the board of trustees of the “Global Marshall Plan” foundation. The Global Marshall Plan Initiative and the Global Marshall Plan Foundation continue to be supported by Radermacher. The collaboration with Frithjof Finkbeiner, founder and chairman of the Global Marshall Plan Foundation, also continues.
Radermacher is President of the Global Economic Network and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Zwick Roell AG in Ulm.
- In 1997 he was awarded the Scientific Prize of the Society for Mathematics, Economics and Operations Research .
- 2004 Award of the innovation prize of the network of innovative citizens NiBB .
- 2005 Awarded the Planetary Consciousness Prize of the Club of Budapest .
- 2005 Awarded the Salzburg State Prize for Future Research .
- Also in 2007 he received the Karl Werner Kieffer Prize awarded by the Ecology & Agriculture Foundation for his services to the Global Marshall Plan Initiative .
- 2013 Honorary Doctorate from the International Hellenic University in Thessaloniki .
- 2019 Presentation of the Abbot Jerusalem Prize .
In 2011 Radermacher's catalog raisonné already includes over 250 publications, including a.
- V. Braitenberg , FJ Radermacher (Ed.): Interdisciplinary Approaches to a New Understanding of Cognition and Consciousness. Results of the Villa Vigoni Conference, Italy 1997 . Ulm University Press, 2007.
- H. Imdahl, FJ Radermacher: Evolution and Intelligence . Universitätsverlag Ulm (FAW), 1994.
- T. Kämpke, R. Pestel, FJ Radermacher: A computational concept for normative equity . No. 15, Vol. 2, 129-163. Europ. J. of Law and Economics, 2003.
- R. Pestel, FJ Radermacher (eds.): Information Society, Globalization and Sustainable Development: The promise of a 'European Way'. EXPO 2000 Conference, Hanover, Convention Center . Universitäts-Verlag, Ulm 2004, ISBN 3-89559-055-X .
- FJ Radermacher: And it is still moving - the world in 2050 . Ulm University Press (FAW), 1995.
- FJ Radermacher: intelligence-cognition-consciousness, system theoretical considerations, technical possibilities, philosophical questions . Kleine, Bielefeld 1998.
- FJ Radermacher: Balance or Destruction: Eco-Social Market Economy as the Key to Worldwide Sustainable Development . (August). Eco-Social Forum Europe, Vienna 2002, ISBN 3-7040-1950-X .
- FJ Radermacher: 10 ~> 4:34 - The formula for growth and justice . No. 4 . Image of Science, 2002.
- FJ Radermacher: Global Marshall Plan / planetary contract - an eco-social program for a better world . Eco-Social Forum Europe, Vienna September 2004.
- FJ Radermacher: Perspectives for the globe - what future lies ahead? zfv - magazine for geodesy, geodata information and state management . 2004 (part 1 in volume 3/2004, volume 129, June 2004; part 2 in volume 4, pp. 242–248).
- FJ Radermacher: Shaping globalization . Terra Media Verlag, Berlin 2006.
- FJ Radermacher, B. Beyers: World with a Future - Survival in the 21st Century . Murmann Verlag, Hamburg 2007, ISBN 978-3-938017-86-9 .
- FJ Radermacher, M. Obermüller, P. Spiegel: Global Impact - The new way to global responsibility . Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-446-41730-4 .
- FJ Radermacher: World Climate Policy after Copenhagen - Implementation of the New Potentials . FAW / n Report, Ulm 2010.
- FJ Radermacher, B. Beyers: World with a future - The eco-social perspective . Murmann Verlag, Hamburg 2011, ISBN 978-3-86774-111-8 .
- FJ Radermacher, J. Riegler, H. Weiger: Eco-social market economy - history, program and unique selling points of a sustainable global economic system . oekom Verlag, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-86581-259-9 .
- L. Hölscher, FJ Radermacher: Climate neutrality - Hessen leads the way . SpringerVieweg Verlag, Wiesbaden 2012, ISBN 978-3-8348-2609-1 .
- FJ Radermacher: The Billion Joker. How Germany and Europe can revolutionize global climate protection. Murmann Verlag, Hamburg 2018. ISBN 978-3-86774-612-0 .
- Literature by and about Franz Josef Radermacher in the catalog of the German National Library
- World Contract Foundation - Global Contract Foundation , Radermacher on the Board of Trustees
- Attac der Bürgerlichen , Tagesspiegel , July 14, 2006
- CV on the institute website of the University of Ulm
- Research institute for application-oriented knowledge processing (FAW / n)
- International Organizations - IMF and World Bank , lecture on June 29, 2004 Online lecture from the DIVA of the University of Karlsruhe
- Shaping globalization as a question of survival - can sustainable development still be achieved? Lecture on January 16, 2007. Online lecture from the DIVA of the University of Karlsruhe
- The keys to a sustainable future ( memento from March 26, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), Karlsruher Transfer, November 13, 2012
- Presidency. ( Memento of November 4, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) gen-international.org; Retrieved October 28, 2011
- Zwick Roell AG . ( Memento from September 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Südwestpresse , May 7, 2010
- Murmann Publishers GmbH: The billion dollar joker how Germany and Europe can revolutionize global climate protection . 1st edition. Hamburg 2018, ISBN 978-3-86774-612-0 .
|SURNAME||Radermacher, Franz Josef|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German mathematician and economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 20, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aachen|