City of Aschersleben
|120 m above sea level NN
|714 (Dec. 31, 2007)
|Population density :
|58 inhabitants / km²
|January 1, 2008
|Postal code :
|Area code :
Location of Freckleben in Aschersleben
Freckleben is located in the Wippertal , which has been used as an important traffic route from north to south on the eastern edge of the Harz since the early Middle Ages . The upper village lies on the left bank of the Wipper, coming from the Wippra area , with a church, railway stop and castle hill with ramparts and a former imperial castle. The Unterdorf is on the other side of the Wipper on the old Reichsstraße leading from Aschersleben to Sandersleben (Anhalt) with Freihof, Moritzkirchhof (until the end of the 16th century) and settlement.
Favored by the design of the landscape of Freckleben, an early settlement is assumed. Finds of stone boxes are dated between 800 and 500 BC. Dated. With the Migration Period (3rd – 6th centuries) the warnings came to the area of Freckleben. They were a tribe related to the Hermundures who lived here . Their branch gave the place its name. This name consists of the basic word “laiba” (Gothic, bequest) or “leif” (Old Norse, legacy), which is preceded by a personal name.
After an exchange with the Mauritius Monastery in Magdeburg , Freckleben was owned as a so-called Reichslehen by the Margraves of the Nordmark , who named themselves after Freckleben. After Udo Graf von Freckleben was slain by Margrave Albrecht the Bear in 1130 , the castle and all possessions passed to Emperor Friedrich I. Barbarossa . He exchanged the castle with Archbishop Wichmann of Magdeburg in 1166 for Rhenish goods. The extinct knightly noble family von Freckleben had their ancestral seat here.
Until the 16th century the castle of Freckleben was an aristocratic castle. Then it became a domain and later belonged to the Principality of Anhalt-Dessau with the neighboring town of Sandersleben .
Freckleben was incorporated into Aschersleben on January 1st, 2008.
Freckleben and Drohndorf became known nationwide in November 2018 by being mentioned in the Black Book of tax wastage due to the construction of two fire brigade depots one kilometer away.
Culture and sights
- The Romanesque church of St. Stephanus is an angular church , so it has a design that is rare in Germany, which was created in this form by an extension of the existing church in 1594.
- The castle Freckleben has an octagonal at the top of the keep with spindle fibers.
- The east tower of the castle was renovated and adjusted to the original height. The renovation was completed in summer 2010.
- Both towers are illuminated in the evening and, due to their location above Freckleben, are a great eye-catcher.
- The local history museum in the castle walls invites you to immerse yourself in the events of the old days in Freckleben.
- The grave of a Polish prisoner of war who was a victim of forced labor during the Second World War is located in the local cemetery .
- Festschrift for the 1000th anniversary
- StBA Area: changes from 01.01. until December 31, 2008
- "Black Book" 2018 These are the worst cases of tax waste. Retrieved November 6, 2018 .