Giovanni Paolo Pannini
Pannini first learned the profession of stage designer in Piacenza. He may have been a student of Francesco Galli Bibiena . In 1711 he moved to Rome and took drawing lessons from Benedetto Luti . In Rome he also met Canaletto , who had a strong influence on him.
Pannini was then in Rome as a decorator of palaces such as the Villa Patrizi (1718-1725), the Seminario Romano (1722) for Cardinal Spinola and the Palazzo de Carolis (1720) known as well as for his cityscapes (vedute) of Rome, where he in particular Remains of Roman antiquity such as the Pantheon portrayed as well as pictures from picture galleries with views of Rome. He also painted portraits and Roman festivals and places such as the Piazza Navona (Louvre, Lower Saxony State Gallery Hanover).
In 1718 he became a member of the Congregazione dei Virtuosi al Pantheon . He also taught at the Accademia di San Luca (of which he was a member) and the Académie de France in Rome, where he influenced Jean-Honoré Fragonard , among others . In July 1732 he had become a member of the French Royal Academy of Arts . Hubert Robert and his own son Francesco Pannini also worked in his studio . His work also influenced other vedute painters such as his student Antonio Joli and the French Hubert Robert.
He also designed celebrations, for example in 1729 to celebrate the birth of the heir to the French throne ("Dauphin") for Cardinal Melchior de Polignac and in 1745 for the marriage of the Dauphin. He was involved in the painting of various Roman palaces, for example in 1722 for the Quirinal Palace for Innocent XIII. , 1721/22 the Seminario Romano for Cardinal Spinola and 1720 the Palazzo de Carolis.
His son Giuseppe was an architect and his son Francesco a painter who followed in his footsteps.
1754–1757, oil on canvas, 186 × 227 cm, Stuttgart, Staatsgalerie .
- Link-sensitive ("Imagemap") -
- Luigi Ambiveri: Gian Paolo Pannini, pittore . In: Gli artisti piacentini, cronaca ragionata . Piacenza, tip. Francesco Solari, Piacenza 1879, p. 124–128 (Italian, Textarchiv - Internet Archive ).
- L. Salerno: Pannini (Panini), Giovanni Paolo. In: Kindler's Malereilexikon.
- Leandro Ozzola: Giovanni Paolo Pannini . In: L'arte: rivista di storia dell'arte medievale e moderna . No. 12 , 1909, pp. 15–30 ( uni-heidelberg.de ).
- Leandro Ozzola: Works by Giovanni Paolo Pannini in the Schleissheim gallery . In: Georg Biermann (Ed.): The Cicerone. Half-monthly publication for the interests of the art researcher & collector . 2nd year, 6th issue. Klinkhardt and Biermann, Leipzig 1910, p. 188–189 ( digizeitschriften.de - translated by H. Voss).
- Leandro Ozzola: Gian Paolo Pannini, pittore . E. Celanza, Turin 1921.
- Mario Labò: Pannini, Giovanni Paolo . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General lexicon of fine artists from antiquity to the present . Founded by Ulrich Thieme and Felix Becker . tape 26 : Olivier – Pieris . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1932, p. 200-202 .
- Ferdinando Arisi: Giovanni Paolo Panini 1691–1765. Electa, Milan 1993, ISBN 88-435-4395-4 .
- Michael Kiene : Giovanni Paolo Pannini. Roman vedute from the Louvre. Exhibition in the Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum [Braunschweig] from June 17 to August 15, 1993. Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum 1993, ISBN 3-922279-27-9 .
- Michael Kiene: “Redende Capricci” by Giovanni Paolo Pannini: Studies on the montage of quotations in the 18th century . In: Journal for Art History . tape 57 , Issue 3: Art history and the present: 23 articles for Georg Kauffmann on his 70th birthday , 1994, ISSN 0044-2992 , p. 440-445 , JSTOR : 1482772 .
- Alessandro Malinverni: Panini, Giovanni Paolo. In: Raffaele Romanelli (ed.): Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani (DBI). Volume 80: Ottone I-Pansa. Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana, Rome 2014.
- Entry about Giovanni Paolo Pannini on Artisti Italiani in Austria , a project of the University of Innsbruck
- Giovanni Paolo Pannini sammlung.staedelmuseum.de
- Kindler Malereilexikon
- Lost in 1799
- He has been mentioned in the meeting reports since 1719
- The image description is based on romaculta.it ( memento of the original from September 19, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. - Giovanni Paolo Pannini - "Roma Antica". Accessed June 16, 2010.
|SURNAME||Pannini, Giovanni Paolo|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Panini, Giovanni Paolo|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian painter and architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 17, 1691|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Piacenza , Italy|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 21, 1765|
|Place of death||Rome|