Gisela Elisabeth Bulla , b. Gottschalk (born March 6, 1932 in Hamburg ; † October 3, 2018 in Munich ) was a German archaeologist , author and politician . She has authored several books on the subject of pets . From March 1995 to September 2000 she was also the federal chairman of the animal protection party .
From the age of six, Gisela Bulla lived in Munich. She received her doctorate in Classical Archeology from the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich in 1972 with a dissertation on Typological Representation of Greek Courtyard Houses . Until 1976 she worked as a publishing editor. Since then she has been a freelance writer. Under her birth name, she wrote popular books on the pharaohs , the Roman emperors and the emperors of China . She also wrote a number of books on pet ownership with a focus on cats and rats and animal abuse. In 1984, together with Sina Walden , she wrote the work Endzeit für Tiere , which gained a certain fame, especially in animal law circles. She has also written articles for magazines such as Emma . She was married and last lived in Munich and Malta .
Gisela Bulla was a vegetarian as early as the 1970s . In the 1990s she joined the animal protection party founded in 1993 . At the third federal party congress, which took place on March 11, 1995 in Braunschweig , she was elected federal chairwoman to succeed Ingeborg Bingener . In 1997 and 1998 she was confirmed in office. For the 1998 federal election , Bulla was unanimously elected as the top candidate. In the European elections of 1999 she was also the top candidate of her party. With an election result of 0.7% in the European elections, the animal welfare party took part in state party funding for the first time. She was last re-elected as party leader in January 1999. During her term of office she refused electoral alliances with other parties so as not to dilute the idea of animal welfare .
On September 8, 2000, one day before the eighth federal party conference in Berlin , she resigned from this office because she was elected deputy chairman of the party's federal arbitration court the following day. The first deputy federal chairman, Egon Karp, took over provisional leadership of the party for a year before Jürgen Gerlach was elected as her successor as party chairman on September 29, 2001 .
- as editor : When grandfather took grandmother: An amusing kaleidoscope of the eternally feminine. What do illustrated women's magazines from three centuries about customs, fashion, flirtation, love, luxury and the life of the "good old days" look like in amusing pictures and texts . Scherz Verlag, Bern 1978, ISBN 3-86047-407-3 .
- Cats . Heyne, Munich 1980, ISBN 3-453-41344-X .
- Backpack and hiking shoe: 1000 tips for hiking enthusiasts . Heyne, Munich 1985, ISBN 3-453-41644-9 .
- The wise rat: portrait of an outsider . Wunderlich Verlag, Reinbek 1986, ISBN 3-8052-0424-8 .
- Cat basket and bird cage: 1000 tips for the correct handling of pets . Heyne, Munich 1986, ISBN 3-453-41544-2 .
- Cat lexicon: From A for sneaking up to Z for magic cats . Rowohlt Verlag, Reinbek 1986, ISBN 978-3-499-60547-5 .
- with Sina Walden : End times for animals: A call to their liberation . Rowohlt Verlag, Reinbek 1992, ISBN 3-499-19310-8 .
- My cat: Understand correctly, eat healthily, keep it species-appropriate . Naturbuch Verlag, Augsburg 1993, ISBN 978-3-89440-108-5 .
- Natural Healing Through Aromatherapy: Old And New Recipes For Health And Wellbeing. Natural fragrances against stomach upsets, headaches and sleep disorders . Südwest Verlag, Munich 1996, ISBN 978-3-517-01743-3 .
- Rats as pets: properly caring for and understanding . Gräfe & Unzer, Munich 1998, ISBN 978-3-7742-1258-9 .
- The cat, the enigmatic creature: Understand correctly, eat healthily, keep it species-appropriate . Bechtermünz Verlag, Augsburg 1999, ISBN 3-86047-407-3 .
- Rats . Gräfe & Unzer, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7742-3699-2 .
- In the realm of Bastet: Roman . Fouqué, Frankfurt am Main 2003, ISBN 3-8267-5349-6 .
Publications under her maiden name Gisela Gottschalk
- The great pharaohs . Their life - their time - their works of art. Scherz, Bern 1979, ISBN 3-89350-078-2 .
- The great Caesars . Their life - their actions - their time. Scherz, Bern 1979, ISBN 3-88199-154-9 .
- China's great emperor . Their history - their culture - their achievements. The Chinese ruling dynasties in pictures, reports and documents. Pawlak, Herrsching am Ammersee 1985, ISBN 3-88199-229-4 .
- Literature by and about Gisela Bulla in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ Ingeborg Gräßer: How it all began - my very personal memories. In: tierschutzpartei.de. September 27, 2003, archived from the original on December 28, 2003 ; accessed on October 30, 2018 .
- ↑ a b European elections: Candidates for the animal welfare party, sorted by list position. In: bundeswahlleiter.de. Archived from the original on March 10, 2003 ; accessed on October 30, 2018 .
- ↑ a b The Animal Welfare Party introduces itself. (No longer available online.) In: EVU-News . 1998, archived from the original on April 15, 2015 ; accessed on October 31, 2018 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Nelly Moia: For the animals . 1992, p. 69 ( books.google.de ).
- ↑ Gisela Bulla: Women and Cats. In: Emma . January 1, 1994, accessed April 9, 2015 .
- ↑ Paul Lucardie: Man Environment Animal Welfare (Animal Protection Party) . In: Frank Decker, Viola Neu (Ed.): Handbook of German political parties . 2007, p. 331 .
- ↑ State list proposals for the 1998 federal election in the state of Bavaria. In: bundeswahlleiter.de. Archived from the original on December 18, 2002 ; accessed on October 31, 2018 .
- ^ Margret Giese: 10 years of the Human Environment Party, Tierschutz - Die Tierschutzpartei: A brief summary of their career since it was founded in 1993. In: tierschutzpartei.de. September 27, 2003, archived from the original on December 31, 2003 ; accessed on October 31, 2018 .
- ↑ Chronicle of the party human environment animal protection - the animal protection party. In: tierschutzpartei.de. September 27, 2003, archived from the original on February 24, 2004 ; accessed on October 31, 2018 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bulla, Gisela Elisabeth; Gottschalk, Gisela Elisabeth (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author and politician (Animal Welfare Party)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 6, 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||3rd October 2018|
|Place of death||Munich|