From 1918 to 1921 Hans Andre attended the trade school in Innsbruck with Ferdinand Stabinger and from 1924 to 1929 the applied arts school in Vienna with Eugen Steinhof . He worked for Clemens Holzmeister and was given a state studio in 1932. In 1935 he was appointed to the art advisory board of the City of Vienna, from 1936 he lived and worked mainly in Innsbruck.
After the Second World War he was involved in the restoration of damaged churches in Tyrol and created, among other things, baroque frescoes for the hospital church , the Servite church and the St. Jakob cathedral in Innsbruck. He did not accept the appointment to a professorship at the University of Applied Arts Vienna in 1945. In 1953 he was given the professional title of professor , from 1954 to 1967 he taught as a professor at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna .
Hans Andre created sculptures, frescoes, oil paintings and designs for glass windows. Both his sculptures and his paintings show a baroque, traditional character.
- Decoration of Honor of the State of Tyrol , 1960
- Papal New Year's Eve , 1986
- Decoration of Honor for Art and Culture of the City of Innsbruck, 1990
- Neustädter Madonna in the Erlöserkirche in Wiener Neustadt, first at the Austrian Catholic Day 1930 in Vienna-Schönbrunn
- Stations of the Cross and holy water basin in the parish church Dornbach in Vienna (1931/32)
- Jude Thaddeus statue in the side chapel, Krim parish church , Vienna (1932)
- Sculptures on the window posts, office and residential building at Maria-Theresien-Straße 25 in Innsbruck (around 1933)
- Bronze fountain on the Golden Roof in Innsbruck (1934)
- Fresco of St. Joseph, patron and helper of the afflicted on the altar wall of the parish church of Sandleiten and relief of St. Veronica's handkerchief at the main entrance to the rectory (1935/36)
- Relief of the city coat of arms with angel and citizen couple at the old town hall in Innsbruck (1939)
- Fresco on the outside of the choir, parish church of St. Martin in Schlitters (1940)
- Vault paintings, parish church of St. Lambert in Lans (1944)
- Ceiling frescoes, Heiligwasser pilgrimage church (1945)
- Wall painting Adoration of Our Lady on the western front of the Amras parish church (1945)
- Pictures of the stations of the cross on the way to St. Georgenberg (1946; partly renewed by Wolfram Köberl )
- Ceiling frescoes (1947) and fresco of the mercy seat on the outer wall (1953), Servitenkirche , Innsbruck
- Vault paintings, parish church St. Anton am Arlberg (1951)
- Ceiling frescoes Martyrdom of St. Lawrence and Stoning of St. Stephanus , Wilten Collegiate Church (1952)
- Sculptures in the niches and on the gable of the facade of St. Jakob Cathedral , Innsbruck (1956/1960)
- Statues of the Archbishops in St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna (1957)
- Archduke Eugen Monument in Innsbruck (1957)
- Hannes Schneider Memorial in St. Anton am Arlberg (1957)
- Ceiling frescoes, Hospital Church , Innsbruck (1962)
- War memorial at the Vienna Central Cemetery
- Altar with canopy made of sheet silver with the figure of Mary and Child in the Mariahilf parish church in Bregenz
- Andre, Hans . In: Hans Vollmer (Hrsg.): General Lexicon of Fine Artists of the XX. Century. tape 1 : A-D . EA Seemann, Leipzig 1953, p. 47-48 .
- Christoph Bertsch (Ed.): Art in Tyrol, 20th century: significantly expanded and revised inventory catalog of the collection of the Institute for Art History at the University of Innsbruck including documentation of legacies and bequests in two volumes. Innsbruck 1997. Volume 1, p. 32; Volume 2, pp. 88–93 ( urn: nbn: at: at-ubi: 2-7284 )
- Entry on Hans Andre in the Austria Forum (in the AEIOU Austria Lexicon )
- Literature by and about Hans Andre in the catalog of the German National Library
- City of Innsbruck: Decoration of Honor for Art and Culture (PDF; 306 kB)
- Felmayer, Wiesauer: Business and residential buildings. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved September 9, 2015 .
- Felmayer, Wiesauer: Old town hall with city tower. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved November 17, 2014 .
- Beinsteiner-Krall, Wiesauer: parish church hl. Martin. In: Tyrolean art register . Accessed April 30, 2020 .
- Arnold, Wiesauer: Parish Church hl. Lambert. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved May 5, 2020 .
- Schneider, Wiesauer: pilgrimage church Maria Schnee in Heiligwasser, pilgrimage chapel Heiligwasser hl. Ottilie. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved August 16, 2014 .
- Station shrines on the way to St. Georgenberg. In: Office of the Tyrolean provincial government, cultural department (ed.): Culture reports from Tyrol 2007. 60th monument report. Innsbruck 2007, pp. 174–175 ( PDF; 10.7 MB )
- Schmid-Pittl: Servite Church of St. Joseph. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved November 18, 2014 .
- Schneider, Wiesauer: Parish Church hl. Antonius / Mariahilf. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved March 8, 2018 .
- Heinrich Schuler: Premonstratensian Monastery Wilten in Innsbruck. Schnell Art Guide No. 316, Verlag Schnell and Steiner, 3rd neubearb. Ed., Munich and Zurich 1974
- Schmid-Pittl, Wiesauer: Dom St. Jakob. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved November 18, 2014 .
- Felmayer, Wiesauer: Spitalskirche zum St. Ghost. In: Tyrolean art register . Retrieved November 18, 2015 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian sculptor and painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 21, 1902|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||innsbruck|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 15, 1991|
|Place of death||innsbruck|