Hogeschool van Amsterdam
|Hogeschool van Amsterdam|
|place||Amsterdam , Almere , Netherlands|
The Hogeschool van Amsterdam (HvA) is a university in Amsterdam . The course is similar to that at German universities of applied sciences. Since the Hogeschool van Amsterdam works closely with the University of Amsterdam , it is possible to switch from this training, known in Dutch as HBO (hoger beroepsonderwijs), to the scientific study WO (wetenschappelijk onderwijs).
These courses are offered in English to foreign students .
- European School of Physiotherapy
- International Business and Languages
- International Business and Management Studies (voltijd)
- International Business and Management Studies (deeltijd)
- International Degree in English and Education
- International Financial Management
- International management
- Trade Management Asia
- Fashion & Design
- Fashion & Management
- Fashion & branding
Major / minor at the HvA
Each training comprises 240 ECTS . 60 points must be achieved in one year.
The major / minor principle has been introduced since 2005–2006:
- The major phase consists of a one-year preparatory course . After the subsequent two-year main course, 210 out of a total of 240 ECTS points can be achieved.
- With a minor , the student can choose an additional subject and collect the missing 30 points in the last two years of study. Each minor education lasts half a year.
Around 90 training courses are offered (hbo-opleidingen), which are spread across 15 institutes / faculties.
- ↑ a b Quick Facts. In: www.amsterdamuas.com. August 7, 2018, accessed April 29, 2019 .