Eugen Johannes Riemann (born May 31, 1888 in Berlin ; † September 30, 1959 in Konstanz ) was a German actor who has appeared in over 90 film roles since 1916. From 1934 on, Riemann also directed the film and worked on scripts .
After originally musical interests, Johannes Riemann took acting lessons from Anna von Strantz-Führing and Alexander Strakosch . In 1908 he got his first engagement at the Hebbel Theater in Berlin . Further stations in his theater career include Teplitz , Meran and Marienbad , the Berlin Volksbühne and the court theater in Weimar . Max Reinhardt brought him to the Deutsches Theater in Berlin around 1916.
The focus of his film activity is between 1916 and 1945. His first role was in the film Loosened Chains . In the Nazi state he became a member of the NSDAP . In 1939 he received the title of " State Actor ". During the Second World War he appeared on a trip to occupied Poland at the end of March 1944 as part of a troop support event for concentration camp personnel during a colorful evening in Auschwitz .
After the Second World War he was back on stage more often.
- 1916: Loosened chains
- 1917: Ahasver (3 parts)
- 1917: The giant's fist
- 1918: The beggar countess
- 1918: Queen of Spades
- 1918: Inge
- 1919: Veritas vincit
- 1919: Einöd Castle
- 1919: Wisp
- 1919: Don't kill any more!
- 1920: Anna Karenina
- 1920: Nobody knows
- 1923: Wilhelm Tell
- 1924: The golden calf
- 1924: The city without Jews
- 1924: Prater
- 1925: rags and silk
- 1926: The Wiskottens
- 1928: Miss Chauffeur
- 1931: The love branch
- 1933: Grand Duchess Alexandra
- 1934: I long for you (director)
- 1934: I will marry my wife (screenwriter and director)
- 1935: Eva (director)
- 1936: The big and the small world (screenplay and direction)
- 1935: The man with the paw
- 1936: Pediatrician Dr. Engel (screenplay, director)
- 1936: The unheard woman (also dialogue director)
- 1936: Ave Maria (director)
- 1937: crook in tails (screenplay, director)
- 1937: One day you'll like me (script, director)
- 1938: The stars shine
- 1938: Lots of lies
- 1939: Renate in a quartet
- 1939: canned marriage
- 1939: Bel Ami
- 1939: your first experience
- 1941: Friedemann Bach
- 1941: Sunday children
- 1941: Everything for Gloria (also script)
- 1941/1942: Three great girls (also vocals)
- 1941/1942: Small residence
- 1943: The song of the nightingale (also vocals)
- 1956: What the swallow sang
- 1956: The weird Otto
- 1957: Eurydice (TV movie)
- State actor 1939
- Erich Knauf : Johannes Riemann. Portrait of an actor (= current film books. Vol. 15, ). Curtius, Berlin 1940.
- Johannes Riemann in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Johannes Riemann at filmportal.de
- Biography Johannes Riemann. In: film-zeit.de. Archived from the original on August 14, 2013 .
- Pictures by Johannes Riemann In: Virtual History
- Klaus Nerger: Eugen Johannes Riemann. In: knerger.de. 2001 (grave in the main cemetery in Constance).
- Gerhard Lamprecht : German silent films 1915-1916 . Deutsche Kinemathek eV, Berlin 1969, p. 492 .
- Ernst Klee : The culture lexicon for the Third Reich. Who was what before and after 1945. S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 978-3-10-039326-5 , p. 486.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Riemann, Eugen Johannes (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor and director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 31, 1888|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 30, 1959|
|Place of death||Constancy|