|Original title||Culture time|
|Country of production||Germany|
|Year (s)||since 1995|
|First broadcast||October 2, 1995 on 3sat|
On April 7, 2008, the program received a new logo, a new design and a new studio backdrop. On the occasion of the 3sat theme day “Imperium Romanum” on Saturday, August 23, 2008, a special edition was broadcast entirely in Latin with the title “O Tempora!”. The 15th anniversary was celebrated with a 3-hour edition entitled “Long Night of Culture”. The program presented excerpts from the past 15 years of culture and the studio hosted interview partners. On December 7th, 2012 the extra edition “Kinderkulturzeit” was broadcast, a program from the perspective of children. The show was moderated by Nina Wegener, the winner of the KiKA composer competition “ Your Song 2012”. On February 7, 2020, the robot Pepper co- hosted an edition of Kulturzeit together with TV host Cécile Schortmann .
The program is produced by an editorial team under the direction of ARD and ZDF in the ZDF studios in Mainz and shows contributions from ARD, ZDF, ORF and SRF as well as self-produced contributions.
According to ZDF, there are costs of around 30,000 euros per episode of the 40-minute broadcast.
The magazine is moderated weekly alternately by Cécile Schortmann (since 2008, ARD ), Nina Mavis Brunner (since 2017, SRF ), Vivian Perkovic (since 2017, ZDF ) and Peter Schneeberger (since 2017, ORF ). Ariane Binder (ARD) has been the representative since 2018 .
Former moderators were Gert Scobel (1995–2007 and, alternatively, in December 2014, ARD ), Andrea Schurian (1995–1997, ORF ), Karin Müller (1995–1997, SF DRS ), Catherine Ann Berger (1997–2003, SF DRS) , Eva Wannenmacher (2003–2004, SF DRS), Ernst A. Grandits (1996–2016, ORF), Tina Mendelsohn (2001–2016, ZDF ) and Andrea Meier (2004–2017, SRF ). From July to September 2006, Max Moor took over the pregnancy replacement for Andrea Meier.
In April 2008 Katrin Bauerfeind hosted the program Baustelle Kulturzeit during the renovation of the Kulturzeit studio decoration .
- 1999 German Television Award - Best Information Broadcast
- 2009 German Critics' Prize
- 2018 Hanns Joachim Friedrichs Prize - Special Prize
- Official website of Kulturzeit
- Culture time at ZDF.de
- Culture time at Fernsehserien.de
- Culture time in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- 20 years of culture - a broadcast remembers . In: Webstory.3sat.de
- 3sat.online: "O Tempora!" - A "Kulturzeit extra" in Latin , accessed on February 11, 2016
- 3sat culture time: Children's culture time - A 3sat culture time moderated by a child
- ZDF Yearbook 2010: Culture TV with Attitude - 15 Years of "Culture Time"
- News programs and magazines - profiles and costs. (No longer available online.) ZDF , August 28, 2014, archived from the original on December 3, 2016 ; accessed on August 30, 2014 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- "Kulturzeit extra" 2008 - All special programs of the year:  , accessed on February 11, 2016