Live and act
Ludwig Nürnberger was born in Upper Franconia in 1884 as the son of a pastor . After graduating from the humanistic grammar school in Hof , he studied medicine at the universities of Munich and Erlangen , which he completed in Munich in 1908 with the state examination. In 1918 he was promoted to Dr. med. PhD . Immediately after his studies, Nürnberger took on an assistant position at the Pathological Institute of the University of Erlangen. 1911 moved to the I. University Women's Clinic in Munich under Albert Döderlein .
During the First World War , he did military service as a military and hospital doctor in 1914/15. He acquired the rank of senior physician and was awarded the Iron Cross II. Class , the Bavarian Military Merit Order with Swords and the Prince Regent Luitpold Medal . At Döderlein's instigation, he was able to work at the clinic again from 1915, but also continued to work as a doctor in a news replacement department.
In 1919 he moved to the Hamburg University Women's Clinic under Theodor Heynemann , where he worked as a senior physician until 1926. He completed his habilitation there in 1920 and was appointed associate professor in 1924. On May 1, 1926, Nürnberger accepted the call to the University Women's Clinic in Halle . His students here were the later Munich professor Richard Fikentscher and Josef-Peter Emmrich .
In October 1945 Nürnberger, who had been a member of the NSDAP since 1938 and was involved in the implementation of compulsory sterilizations, was released, but was granted the license to teach again in April 1946 on the orders of the Soviet Military Administration (SMA) .
In 1947 Nürnberger accepted the call to the gynecological clinic of the University of Cologne , which he headed until 1956, one year after his retirement in 1955. In 1957 he moved to Munich, where he died in 1959 at the age of 74. He was buried in the forest cemetery.
- On the history of the extraperitoneal caesarean section. Dissertation , Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, 1909
- Voltulus as the cause of Melaena neonatorum. JA Barth, Leipzig 1913
- The sterilizing operations on the tubes and their failures. JA Barth, Leipzig 1917
- Diagnosis and therapy of syphilis in the gestational period. Urban & Schwarzenberg, Berlin, Vienna 1926
- The diseases of the vagina. In: Johann Veit (founder): Handbook of Gynecology. Volume 5, JF Bergmann, Munich 1930
- with Fritz Kermauner : The diseases of the ovaries and secondary ovaries and the tumors of the fallopian tubes. In: Johann Veit (founder): Handbook of Gynecology. Volume 7, 3rd edition, JF Bergmann, Munich 1952
- Franz Wittenbeck: Ludwig Nürnberger †. Gynaecologia 149 (1960), pp. 77-79, doi: 10.1159 / 000305856
- Richard Fikentscher : Ludwig Nürnberger (born July 17, 1884 in Aschbach, Upper Franconia, died April 10, 1959 in Munich). Zentralbl Gynakol 81 (1959), pp. 1169-72, PMID 13822735
- Entry on Ludwig Nürnberger in the Catalogus Professorum Halensis
- Member by Ludwig Nürnberger at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina , accessed on August 2, 2016.
- Honorary members and deceased honorary members of the DGGG
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German gynecologist, obstetrician and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 17, 1884|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aschbach (Schlüsselfeld)|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 3, 1959|
|Place of death||Munich|